Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Peach [review with swatches!!]

Hello guys!!
It's quite rare for me to review products by Revlon. 
and actually I only own a handful of stuff from their collection. 
I think they have a nice range.
and I'm currently very interested in their lipstick range, 
but I have too many lipsticks at the moment haha and I'm only sticking to the same 3 or 4. 
and my addiction has shifted to eyeshadows lately. 
I've been into colours, neutrals, smokey eyes
and all that makes my heart skip a beat as soon as I see them in their packaging. 
Anyway. This review is about a lipstick which I would say is quite highly raved about. 
and I'm talking about Revlon's Colorburst Lipstick in Peach. 



PACKAGING

Very sleek. 
Typical of a lipstick packaging. 
Almost Chanel-esque.

TEXTURE
Quite moisturising,
and smooth on the lips and on application

PIGMENTATION
mm. this is quite sheer actually, 
I would have to swipe it 3-4 times to get a similar shade to that in the tube. 
This can be a plus.. if you're into sheerer more subtle glossy kind of shades.
but it can be a miss if you're into highly pigmented matte shades - like me.

BUILDABILITY 
Yeah, it's buildable.. it won't cake up or look funny
and the shade intensifies as you build it up.

STAYING POWER
Average. 2..3 hours..

SHADE
A sheer medium rusty orange shade with a reddish undertone. 
It's a shade I normally like. 
But I don't.
The red undertone seems kind of unflattering on me..

FINISH
I thought this is a creamy / glossy finish
this has a soft frost finish to it though... 
which I just can't seem to get over. 
I hate frosty finishes. 
I kind of get rid of it with a gloss.

SMELL
No annoying smell here.
 
BOTTOM LINE
When I actually wear this [- which is rare..]
I like to pair this with Revlon's Super Lustrous lipgloss in Coral Reef.
I definitely could have passed on this. 
It seems unflattering on me on it's own
and I would rather wear other orange lipsticks on their  own..


FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I bought the product myself for my personal use unless otherwise stated and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. color is pretty good but looks more sheer

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you've noticed that frost tinge to it!!! It's not just me then!!! I kept looking at it I think it's more noticeable once it's on the lips though. Now I can put my mind at rest as to why it looks so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I'm glad it's not just me then too xD
    I just don't get frosty finishes.. horrible invention haha xD - Dyna [Somehow my blog is saying I can't comment ..I must have ticked some box my mistake or something]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour.. think I'm gonna try it out and any other colours available =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts