ELF studio concealer [review w/ swatches!!]

 HELLO GUYS!!

Yes- I know what you're thinking..
another ELF review?? 
Seriously??
haha. 
I have like 25 reviews about ELF different products to post 
so I'm going to bore you A lot with my love for ELF products. 
This one, unfortunately, is not one of them.

I know Emily Noel raved about this in her latest one brand tutorial featuring ELF. 
I don't get it though. 
I personally did not like it - at all. 
Having said that, 
There were a couple of products she said she was not too keen about in the video,
like the Complexion Perfection and  ELF cream liner,
which I happen to love. 
and there were also a couple of products she loved that I love too like
the ELF mechanical eyelash curler and ELF eyebrow kit.





PACKAGING
 I LOVE the packaging. 
So sleek, 
so sturdy, 
closes thoroughly, 
Twist up packaging.. 
Could be perfect for a lipstick. 
I do, however, think that you get too little of a product here. 
But that's okay. 
This thing is only £3.50 a piece. 
and I got it at half price. 
So I am lucky. 


TEXTURE
Ugh. I hate to say this. 
This is so dry.. it is going to cake like crazy under the eye area, 
which is the reason why I got this.
It drags the skin.. and is even hard to swatch. 
I tried it on a blemish.. 
it applies so cakey. 
and it does not even start to cover it!

SHADE
I got the lightest shade, 
that's - IVORY 
It has pink undertones, 
and that upsets me. 
Well, not really. lol.
But I hate concealer with pink undertones, 
even foundation. 
I think ELF should write down whether they have pink / yellow / neutral undertones on the description thing
like they do with the ELF studio tinted moisturiser. 
I know swatches won't be 100% 
but the undertone can be written. 
Anyway. 
I love my ELF all over cover stick in apricot beige to neutralise the purpleness
underneath my evil purple eyes. 
and that has yellow undertones
So even the shade - I did not like.

COVERAGE
Oh no. This is so light coverage for a concealer it's terrible. 
Now dry formulated concealers are normally best for belmishes 
or pimples because they cover like crazy 
[just like the ELF concealer pencil and brush]
but this one.. just didn't

LASTING POWER
 Uhm. well.. this is probably the best thing about it. 
Because of its dry consistency
it stays there for hours when powdered. 
It also cakes over time, that's because of the dry formula too.


Sorry for the following bad swatches..
my camera just didn't want to cooperate today..
just like my laptop which keeps crasing every 2 minutes...
oh well..
bloody technology - lol








FINISH
Matte. But still - it's still a concealer. 
I suggest powdering for more lasting power.



BOTTOM LINE
Clearly, I'm not going to be using this. 
Mainly because of the pink undertone, 
the ultra-dry consistency,
and the light coverage. 
I hate to write reviews on "bad" products. 
Unfortunately, this is one of them for me. 
I might have gotten a bad one, 
and I would love to know what you think about it too. 
I do love my ELF all over cover stick in apricot beige though- I got me two back ups :D Yay.



 FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I bought the products myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with the company. I will not gain in any way through future purposes made. Everything I said in this post is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. your reviews are impeccable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's too bad that the product is not meeting your expectations... anyway nice review! :)

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this review, I have had my eye on this for a while but I think i’ll pass now. i really like the concealer and brush from the studio range, you should give that a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I'm using this concealer for a little time and I think that it's not as bad as you described. Mine is not very light shade. It's medium colour and texture is not dry or harsh. My skin is very dry and sensitive but this product didn't cause any kind of problem. It's a kinda creamy and easy to apply. I apply this with my fingers and it's working well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Discovering Beauty, I have the studio concealer pencil and brush.. I have it in two shades actually, I love it :D

    @Kavel.. It might be the ivory shade then that makes it so dry, I chose the lightest shade because I like a light concealer on my under eye area to make my eye look bigger. I'm glad you like it though.. As always.. my reviews are about my experience with products.. so it might work for you differently because everyone has different tastes.. and it might be that I got a bad one.. or it's only the ivory shade that if faulty. I'm glad it worked for you.. unfortunately it didn't for me :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Ivory and Honey and one thing I noticed is that Ivory is drier than Honey. Normally I use Honey, I just warm it up with my fingers first and it blends quite well :D don't give up on it just yet :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I agree the colour was awful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts