ELF studio line flawless finish foundation [review w/ swatches!!!]



HELLO GUYS!!!

I have a review today!!

Ok so.. 

I did NOT like this product at first. 

I heavily disliked the pink undertone in my shade [buff]

I felt like "okay- but no repurchase for sure" kind of thing. 


Here's what I reallyyy think now. 




ELF flawless finish foundation in buff, NYX HD foundation in 07 warm sand, 04 sand beige



PACKAGING
I ADORE and LOVE the packaging. 
Seriously??!! 
elves this is the coolest packaging ever for a foundation. 
It's so sleek, 
it's matte, 
it's glass..
with a plastic pump and cap. 
Oh and may I add. 
The pump is gorgeous!!
and works brilliantly too!!




TEXTURE
Err. I like it. 
but there's a "but" here. 
I applied this with my ELF studio powder brush.. 
and I sort of didn't notice this at first. 
When I applied it with my fingers I did though. 
It's kind of sticky on application.. 
it's not very blendable.. 
and it's kind of "thick" in texture
Also.. this feels sticky on the face before it sets.. 
and trust me.. it takes time to set. 
So if you're in a hurry.. 
powder baby. 
I always do anyway.
But I was sick. So I experimented with this a little. 

COVERAGE
uhm, well at first I thought this had medium coverage.
But it had more coverage than that for sure. 
It's not full coverage.. 
But it's medium to full depending on application
I would say. 





ELF flawless finish foundation in buff, NYX HD foundation in 07 warm sand, 04 sand beige


SHADE
BUFF: Ugh. Pink undertones. 
I love my foundation having yellow undertones, so that kind of puts me off to be honest.
It's slightly dark on me too. 
I don't mind that though. it's only slightly darker.. 
1/2 a shade dark I would say. 

ELF flawless finish foundation in buff, NYX HD foundation in 07 warm sand, 04 sand beige

ELF flawless finish foundation in buff, NYX HD foundation in 07 warm sand, 04 sand beige

FINISH

Dewy finish definitely. 
Best for dry skintones.
I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin. 
It's kind of oily on my normal skin so I'm not to keen on that..



STAYING POWER
This lasts all day on me. 
Especially with a powder on. 

BOTTOM LINE
I still like this foundation, I think it's great for the price. 
It does not beat my NYX HD foundation though..
I will continue using this foundation. 
I could have gotten a back up of this with the 50% off code,
but I didn't. I don't regret that now, though.
I did get a back up of the ELF studio tinted moisturiser spf20 though. 
so I do love that one.. and stay tuned for the review on that one :)


 FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I bought the products myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with the company. I will not gain in any way through future purposes made. Everything I said in this post is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. Interesting post, I got the lightest one when they first came out but am still not sure about it. Mainly because its been the summer and I prefer a mineral foundation. But the ELF is quite unique texture. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i almost got this when the site had their 50 or 60% off sale but passed..kinda wished I would have tried it now

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I didn't buy this since I have oily skin! Thanks for this :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for this babe! it really helped

    Stefy xx
    the FASHEAUTY
    Blog.StefyPuglisevich.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts