NYX soft matte lip cream [review w hand and lip swatches!!]

HELLO GUYS!!

I have been postponing this review since forever. 
As soon as these babies came out I was sooo desperate to try them out, 
so when NYX cosmetics US contacted me
and I was so happy that they were sending me two of these lip products just for me.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in SMLC 04 London, 
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in SMLC05 Antwerp

Antwerp, London


 



Here's what I think about the products...

Antwerp, London



PACKAGING
A lipgloss kind of tube, 
sponge tip applicator.
see through shade
the cutest words on the packaging.

This might happen to the packaging, but you can squeeze the cap right back :)



TEXTURE
Applies really creamy and smoothly, 
as described. 
But dries to a super matte finish.

PIGMENTATION 
Very pigmented - 
just like a melted lipstick

BUILDABILITY 
Not buildable. 
Well, technically it is - 
but the less you apply on your lips 
the better it's going to look on, 
it's pigmented anyway so you'll get the shade in the tube 
with the minimum amount of product

STAYING POWER
Quite long lasting - 
almost like a lip stain ..
I'd give it 5-6 hours 
by this time though it starts tearing. 

Antwerp, London

SHADES
Antwerp: a rosy pink with a coral undertone, looks really nice on people with my skintone, 
just perfect for summer. a really lovely shade
London: a nude brown shade with a slight peachy undertone to it


London

Antwerp

FINISH
Applies Creamy
Dries Matte. 
London, Antwerp

SMELL
I don't like the smell. 
It has a strong artificial toffee smell, 
but it does not linger on the lips, 
which is good. 
wearing London






wearing Antwerp


BOTTOM LINE
I quite like these lip products as I'm loving the matte lip lately, 
however, I strongly suggest to apply it sheer, 
as it would look slightly "drag" and a bit too much if built up.



FTC Disclaimer: I got all of these products for free from NYX cosmetics US.  I only paid for the duty of the package. I am not affiliated by NYX cosmetics. I am not compensated for any reviews or posts I do about NYX cosmetics. I am not obliged to do this post or any future reviews about the free products I have received.

Comments

  1. Great review. Antwerp is a really awesome colour. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! I've been wanting a review about these for some time now! Antwerp is gorgeous and it really suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing such good reviews about these, I MUST get my hands on a few of these for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts