NEW NYX HD foundation [[review & swatches !!!]]


NYX studio line HD foundation in warm sand 07

Why I wanted to get this?? Like really bad??
  • it's an HD foundation
  • mineral enriched
  • Talc and Paraben Free
  • Cute packaging
  • SPF free. - I don't wear foundation during the day - and  if I am I just use sunscreen if I want spf. And spf makes you look like a ghost on flash photography.



I am not exactly an expert when it comes to foundation but I know when a foundation is good. I have been on the look out for the perfect foundation that would work for me and then this little baby was launched! I knew as soon as I saw the posters and all I HAD to get this.




What do I love about this?


It's coverage – I get a medium to full coverage depending on my buildability, however, I always apply this quite sheer, I hate full coverage, and I don't need it either [not bragging- just saying haha].

The shade. I got this in a shade darker [it could also be two shades darker- but it shows up quite natural]. I know this sounds bad, I know it's fake, but I like to look a little tanner in winter and I'm not going to buy another foundation for summer, I don't use it that much anyway.

The packaging. The pump, the sleek looking overall look, the cool way the stuff is written on the tube. The sleekness of it. You get it.

The way it photographs. Boy this does not fail me. At all! With ELF's mineral booster in tinted, this never fails me. I always look my best.

SPF free. I don't get the whole obsession with spf in products. I don't even wear foundation during the day so what in the name of my pimples would I want spf on my face. Oh wait. You might be asking. Why bother? I tell you why. SPF foundations have made me look like a bloody ghost on photos that my friends took on our night outs. Why, you might ask? I have learned [and geez I HAD to learn this the hard way] that SPF foundations contain a certain amount of Titanium Dioxide in the product. This reflects a ton of light back. So if you use flash, your face is gonna reflect it all back. Yes you heard me – you're gonna look dead. Point taken.

Mineral-infused. Not that you can feel the mineral infuseness but it's a plus.

Formulation. It does feel smooth on my skin. This baby does not cake. It stays put all night without any caking [However, I have to add – I use my Model in a Bottle setting spray to have it stay put.]


What do I hate about this?
Nothing - I have had no problems with the pump or whatever, and YES. This is my HG foundation  [not that I have tried too many - but I swatched a lot of Revlon, Maybelline, Rimmel, L'Oreal foundations and nothing wowed me]. Love this!!!


This is one full pump of NYX HD foundation in 07 warm sand
This is one full pump of NYX HD foundation in 07 warm sand

You want proof right ??

The following are photos taken with flash, with my friends' cameras or some other camera. I cropped myself out to show my pretty face.. :P I used the NYX HD foundation and ELF mineral booster in tinted as a combo :D

As opposed to my previous looks using a Max Factor Foundation / ELF tinted moisturiser w/ spf 15 / ELF HD powder / ELF complexion perfection combos.. You can clearly see the difference!! These photos were also taken w/ other cameras :D


Did I convince you just yet?? I'm telling you, this baby is 100% worth it!! Will definitely repurchase, definitely recommend. Very Very happy buyer !!


About the foundation: this shade, warm sand HDF 07 is the 2nd darkest shade out the collection, it has a strong yellow undertone to it and that is awesome for me because that's what I wanted. Unfortunately, NYX has no shades for people with darkish skin. 

You can check out swatches of ALL NYX HD foundation:

Available shades:

HDF01 Nude
HDF02 Soft Beige
HDF03 Natural
HDF04 Sand Beige
HDF05 Medium
HDF06 Natural Beige
HDF07 Warm Sand
HDF08 California Tan

 You can also check out facebook album for swatches of the matte lip creams they just came up with HERE

If you cannot see the photos please do tell me, I'll try to get permission to post them in my blog xxx

I love NYX products, I have never been disappointed so far and if you want to check out other reviews and swatches of NYX products that I have CLICK HERE.

I hope this was helpful :D any questions, write them below and I'll try my best to help you out. Any requests are also appreciated xxxx

EDIT!!!

I first got this foundation in shade 
# 07 warm sand 

but then I realised it was a shad or two too dark, 
and I got myself a lighter one to mix it with. 
and I got #04 sand beige. 

Warm sand has strong yellow undertones.
Sand Beige is more of a neutral with slight yellow undertones. 


NYX HD photogenic foundation in 04 sand beige, 07 warm sand
NYX HD photogenic foundation in 04 sand beige, 07 warm sand


So here are the swatches:


NYX HD photogenic foundation swatches in 04 sand beige, 07 warm sand

NYX HD photogenic foundation swatches in 04 sand beige, 07 warm sand



NYX HD photogenic foundation swatches in 04 sand beige, 07 warm sand

NYX HD photogenic foundation swatches in 04 sand beige, 07 warm sand




Dyna
xxx


FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this review. I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. You have totally sold this to me! Been looking at some swatches but not sure what shade I would need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Enigma, the shade is really hard to choose actually. For me this is slightly darker, however, it blends to my skin and makes me look tanner. I blend this on my neck though, because I'd end up all fake tan looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I believe the US site have an excellent return policy so if you do not like the shade, you can return it, so if you can get it from the site, that's great :D But if not, it' s a risk I guess :/ But as I said you can apply it sheer and if it is a shade darker it won't look funny, at least it doesn't do that on me :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the response... but I still have to disagree!!
    Titanium dioxide will reflect light and it will change the color of your skin or foundation on HD flash photography.
    All MUA HD brands do not include Titanium dioxide or SF because it WILL reflect light resulting in a ghostly reflect or making your skin/foundation seem lighter than it is and it will probably make you seem as if you have oily skin.

    I refuse to buy NYX HD products because there is nothing HD about them.

    I use HD products for Professional HD cameras & videos, and this product will make you look paler and oiler on professional camera & video.

    Maybe on normal cameras this won't pick up but on professional HD flash photography it will for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With all due respect, you cannot say a product has "nothing HD about it" if you have not tried it. I myself, have to admit that I have not used this on an HD camera. But all photos were taken from different cameras. Also, I know about spf products having Titanium Dioxide being very light reflective, and making you look all ghostly, I am very much aware, clearly.

    But it's just unfair to say something like that about a product you have not tried yourself and based on a perception.

    Also, I am quoting Makeup Artist Theresa George here: "There is no such thing as foundation w/out titanium dioxide. You just don't want titanium dioxide to be the active SPF ingredient."

    Read more here: https://secure.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=509438

    These are make up artists talking.

    And actually, even though I have not used this w/ an HD camera.. you can clearly see the difference between other products with spf. It's not like I would EVER lie to my followers. I am not even getting paid to do this review, and I paid for the item. Even if I was affiliated in any way, I would NEVER mislead my readers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! This product review is really speaking to me! I need to search up where they've got NYX products in Montreal!

    AMAZING review! You've got a new follower :)

    http://carpe-diem13-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay* glad I can be of help, thank you for following :D :D xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you happen to know your mac foundation color? If you do, what is it and also, what shade are you when you tan?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still waiting for mine. I got in Sand Beige and I'm convinced it'll be the perfect color for me. If it doesn't arrive (because Philpost--- the Philippine Postal Service is unreliable and has a record of lost and stolen packages), I'll go off and buy a least 3 of these babies from a local seller. The only thing I don't like about these is that it's not locally available here so I end up very very frustrated--- like how I am now.

    To CopyCat, please do some research before you give your opinion. First of all, NYX products are of high quality with regards to the price. This has been my Holy Grail brand--- the one that makes quality and affordability meet up. (Reason why MAC isn't my HG brand). There are also other blog reviews out there showing this foundation in use and some of them have used HD cameras. This foundation is even better than Revlon Colorstay because Colorstay feels quite heavy on your face. With regards to MAC, a lot of people break out with their foundations mainly because they weren't exactly meant for everyday use; they were meant for studios, photoshoots, and runways so you put it on and then you take it off quite soon. With regards to MUFE HD, a lot of reviewers have said that this compares except that this foundation is lighter in texture in that you really don't feel like you have any foundation at all. So please. NYX has cured a lot of people with their brand snobbishness. Don't go off giving any baseless opinions because everyone is not entitled to have an informed opinion. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey eyekonic, I don't know my shade in MAC unfortunately hun, But the foundation shades are quite forgiving. If you're looking for swatches of the different foundation shades see on the respective links on the post at the end :) I think that would really help. If you cannot see them, I'll try to get permission to use them in my blog :) xxxx

    This one is a tad bit darker than my actual skintone. But it is very forgiving and blends in really well :D
    Hope that helps xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ladyhaly

    That's a shame you cannot get your hands on it that easily :( I'm so sorry. I hope you get it in the mail real soon.

    and about the HD cameras there is a photo, [the second one in the first row where I'm wearing my nyx foundation] which was taken by a professional photographer, so I'm guessing that's HD for sure :)

    As I have said, I would never mislead you guys, this is the way it worked on me, and thought I would share it :)

    Thanks for standing up for nyx, it truly is a good company with high quality products :)

    xxx
    hope you get to try this out real soon, if there's anything I could do to help don't hesitate to ask xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Dyna, first time i comment your blog i think. i'm dying to try NYX. so i go at ebay and i see JOY's shop. and then i came at your blog and see that you buy from Joy's and from PorkDaisy. So do you recommend both? Porkdaisy is cheaper but she doesn't have foudation HD and i wanna try this. About the shade did you choose right? a lighter/darker color? Do you know if this foudation works on oily skin?

    thank you very much and i love you blog, you know that :) **

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi Dyna, first time i comment your blog i think. i'm dying to try NYX. so i go at ebay and i see JOY's shop. and then i came at your blog and see that you buy from Joy's and from PorkDaisy. So do you recommend both? Porkdaisy is cheaper but she doesn't have foudation HD and i wanna try this. About the shade did you choose right? a lighter/darker color? Do you know if this foudation works on oily skin?

    thank you very much and i love you blog, you know that :) **

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey ana xD
    thank you so much for supporting my blog hun :)

    Both sellers are really good :) But the cheapest [I believe] is from angels beauty bag : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-NYX-HD-Foundation-PICK-ANY-1-COLOR-Angels-/110656482634?pt=US_Makeup_Face&hash=item19c3a3ed4a
    I bought from angel's beauty bag too and I was very pleased with the stuff I got. I would opt for the cheaper option if I were.

    With regard to the shade it's 1 - 1.5 shades darker but it's very forgiving, it blends into my skin and it makes me look tanner :) As always I blend my foundation onto my neck :)

    I have links to the nyx facebook fan page at the end of the post in which there are photos of all nyx foundations :D If you cannot see them and would like to, let me know and I'll try to get permission to display them on my blog.

    It's performance on oily skin ? I'm not sure as I don't have oily skin, but this is a water based foundation as opposed to an oil based one. It doesn't feel dry nor oily. I wouldn't say it's designed for oily skin, but I think it works ok for that :)

    Thank you ever so much for supporting my blog hun, very much appreciated :D
    If there's anything I can do to help let me know :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I completely believe you about the ghost-like thing! omg this is an incredible review! Thanks for sharing

    xoxo

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really need a color close to MAC NC20 or NC25...does anyone know which shade would be best??

    ReplyDelete
  18. @DaphYin I'm glad you found it helpful hun xx


    @Anonymous comment.. I would love to help you but I don't even know my shade.. I would comment on the nyx fan page on facebook I think they might be able to help you out hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your blog so much by the way:) Thank you for this review! I really want to try this product:)

    How is your skin so clear and even toned without make-up? please share your secret, im guessing im not the only one who wants to know:) <---- sorry if that sounds a little creepy haha:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks hun.. in all honesty there's no secret, I get occasional zits which I pop all the time.. I usually get them on my forehead so I hide them with my fringe. The fact that I have rather dry skin helps though in the zit- factor.. because it keeps my skin clear. Then I have issues with chalky foundations and other issues though x

      Delete
    2. aww youre really lucky though:) i cant go out of the house without makeup on!

      I love all of your tutorials too:) i fail miserably at eyeshadow no matter how much i try:(xx

      Delete
    3. thanks hun xx you just have to work with your eyeshape and ull be fine hun x

      Delete
    4. thanks Dyna:) I have my school prom next month so ill get practising when my exams finish:)xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts