How to use your ELF studio complexion perfection [with review & swatches] !!

Hello guys!!
I already reviewed this product but I think this product deserves a detailed review.
So I decided to re-review it, with fresh new photos..


PACKAGING
 The typical Nars-looking sleek studio line packaging. 
Love it. 


TEXTURE
Really smoothe and soft.
Very professionaly done.




SHADES
You get four sheer shades:
Green: to cancel redness
Yellow: to cancel purpleness
Pink : to brighten up any grey areas
Blue: to cancel any red-orange areas

 
 
 

COVERAGE
This does not offer coverage. 
There is this misconception about this product before purchasing it, 
that if you put say the green shade on your face that area is going to look green ..
as if you put eyeshadow or something. 
No. 
This has no coverage whatsoever, but it has a "tone" to it so it's going to "help" cancel any problem area that you have. 

Ok. let me start from scratch. 
There are 2 ways you can basically use this. 
A. Mix the shades.. and set your whole make up with this. Just like a translucent powder basically. 
B. Use individual shades on problem areas. 

Now there is nothing confusing about application A. 
But application B seems to confuse many. 
So.. basically.. if you have a zit.. a zit is red.. 
so ideally you use green or blue shade or mix them together.
Now if you think using the green shade is going to make your zit disappear, you're wrong. 
So how does this work. 
Basically. Conceal the zit. THEN, use the green setting powder over it. 
And no it's not going to look green. trust me.

In the case of under eye area. 
I have pretty dark circles so I do this quite a lot. 
Basically I conceal my under eye area as usual. 
Then I mix the yellow and pink shades [I sometimes use yellow only]
to get a peachy shade. 
and I apply that over my concealer. 

Now this does not add coverage, again, 
it adds an undertone kind of to your product you have previously applied.
Also, it mattifies and sets any concealed area or foundation.

So, is this only meant to me be used over concealer or foundation?
No. 
For a daytime look, I have sometimes used this on its own. 
I mix the four shades with my studio kabuki brush, 
and don't ask me how it does it,
but it evens out my skintone. 
It does not add coverage, again, but it evens out my skintone.

LASTING POWER
Lasts all day.
BOTTOM LINE
I definitely recommend this .. 
but people who are looking for coverage will NOT like this, 
because it is not the intentions of the product
If you have oily skin, or want a matte finish, you WILL like this. 
I love this thing, and as you can see.. I have used up quite a lot of this haha. 


That's it for this review, 
I hope you found this helpful, 
and take care 
xxx


FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I bought the product myself for my personal use unless otherwise stated and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. That's a good review! I have one but never use it, but I should really start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with you on this product ,! great review (:

    CMPang x
    http://maisecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review!! I've used it a couple times(all colours to set my foundation) and liked it, I'll try to use the colours seperately too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review! You helped me out tons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks - I apologise for the photos not being visible, because my blog had been affected by a bug and all my photos were deleted :( x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts