ELF mineral foundation spf 15 in warm [review w/ swatches!!]

HELLO GUYS!!
I have another ELF product review today.. 
I only have like 10 ELF product reviews left
[I know right, I am managing to review all the products I have tried xD]
Anyway... today's review is going to be about ELF's famous mineral foundation. 
It is quite raved about by many.. 
so I'm going to tell you my 2 cents about this product.




PACKAGING
Pretty good, seems to be as big as mineral booster..
but holds less product.

In fact.. The mineral foundation holds:
Weight - 0.1oz (2.84g)
and the small mineral booster holds:
Weight - Small 0.17oz (4.82g)
Clearly.. you get less product..
But the packaging in itself is ok, closes thoroughly, 
and has a sifter and all. 
I'm quite pleased with the packaging, 
even though I'm not a fan of loose powders.



TEXTURE
Quite smoothe. 
But I have to say.. 
this is NOT finely milled like the booster, 
so that kind of puts me off.. 
It doesn't cake which is very nice. 
But I sometimes have to work it on my fingers to crush it and then apply it. 
Because I'm scared of overapplying
It mattifies my concealer pretty good.


SHADE
I have the shade in warm. This is way too light for warm skintones.
This should be a a shade for light skintones.. 
It is way too light for warm skintones. Anyway.. 
I use this to set my under eye concealer.. 
just because  I like my under eye area to be a shade or two lighter to make my eyes look brighter and bigger. 
It has a nice yellow undertone to it which I like for my under eye because it cancels any purple under eye area.

COVERAGE 
This has more coverage than your average pressed powder, 
not that it's going to have more coverage than a cream concealer, 
but it's pretty light coverage. 
Other pressed powders normally have sheer coverage, so that's pretty good.
I usually like to use this in combination with my 
Essence stay natural concealer in 03 soft nude just because
it has medium coverage and I need full coverage 
on my under eye area ..



STAYING POWER
Stays all day so that's pretty good.


heavy swatch, blended
 
 
 
BOTTOM LINE
I know a lot of people are a huge fan of this mineral foundation, I'm not too keen about it though. 
I think this best works for oily skintones because it absorbs any oil on your face brilliantly. 
I'm not going to repurchase though, I prefer my studio pressed powders over this xD

That's it for today, 
I hope you found this helpful and stay tuned for the next post xx

Take care
Dyna
xx



FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I bought the product myself for my personal use unless otherwise stated and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. I have always wanted to try this but not sure what color to get and was not sure if it will be good for me. I am a light skin tone color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lighter shade would be better .. but this shade is quite light too. I honestly have never seen the other shades in person, so I can't recommend a particular shade for you hun x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts