ELF mineral eyeshadow set in basic browns [review w swatches!!]

Hello guys, 

I don't know if you remember.. 
you probably don't [haha]
but I got this mineral eyeshadow set in basic browns 
with ELF's 50% off code in the summer. 

I never really was too keen about this. I just wanted to get it because it was a bargain. 
I mean you get 6 items for £1 each?? 
Very cheap and worth trying out, definitely. 

I honestly had VERY good photos planned for this post. 
But my laptop crashed and I lost all my pre planned photos. 
I threw out the box and everything. 

But the box is very nicely sorted out ..
and there is also a description on each product, how to use them, and alsoa tutorial on how to use them together. 


ELF mineral eyeshadow in elegant, confident, wild





ELF mineral eyeshadow in elegant, confident, wild


ELF mineral eyeshadow in elegant


ELF mineral eyeshadow in confident


ELF mineral eyeshadow in wild




ELF mineral eyeshadow [bottom to top] in elegant, confident, wild

ELF mineral eyeshadow [bottom to top] in elegant, confident, wild


ELF mineral eyeshadow [bottom to top] in elegant, confident, wild


ELF mineral eyeshadow [bottom to top] in elegant, confident, wild


ELF mineral eyeshadow in elegant, confident, wild





Eyeshadows:
As with all most loose eyeshadows, it's better to apply them wet. 
and ELF's mineral eyeshadows never fail to impress.

Elegant: 
A creamy frosty eyeshadow. 
I don't like this all over the lid. I find it too frosty,
but I love using this on the inner corner of the eye to open up the eye

Confident: 
A taupe grey brown super metallic shade
I like to smoke this underneath the waterline to add a smokey effect when I'm wearing matte eyeshadows on the lid


Wild: 
A matte deep neutral brown with gorgeous golden shimmer. 
I like to use this underneath the waterline too, but when wearing shimmer/ frosty eyeshadows.



Brushes:
You get two brushes:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Eyeshadow Brush: very similar to the regular line eyeshadow brush, only slightly larger
Defining Brush: A thinner, slightly longer, and less dense version of the blending brush from the regular line






Featherproof eyeliner in black / brown:

Ok. On the box, this is written as black, 
but the actual one I got is very brown, 
it's even written on the packaging. 
I believe this is basically the same as the brightening eye liner in brown, 
but with a black packaging, not a white one. 
But I don't have the brightening eye colour so I can't fully compare the two. 
Anyway. This eyeliner is so sheer, it's almost impossible to use as an eyeliner. 
It is hard and drags the delicate eye area like crazy. 
It is not creamy, 
and I would not dare dream of putting this on the waterline.
It won't show up for sure. 
It barely shows up on the eyelid. 
The only use I have for this is using it on the brows, and then setting it with a powder. 
It's got just the right pigmentation and it works. 




FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I bought the product myself for my personal use unless otherwise stated and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. I really like Elegant and Confident. The colors and textures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts