MY PICK: ELF's best eyeshadow primer






BEST or FAVOURITE eyeshadow/ eyelid/ eye primer from ELF?ELF: – eye primers






ELF currently has 3 different primers in their line –


mineral eyeshadow primer – 3.50
eyelid primer – 1.50
eye primer and liner sealer – 1.50



I own the three of them. ELF also claims that the all over cover sticks serve as a good base. And I have two of those.

1. I first got the eye primer and liner sealer, mostly for the sake of the liner sealer [which I now dropped and broke. For review: Click here]. To keep it short, my eyelids are not oily but there was quite a lot of creasing with this one. The all over cover sticks perform very similarly [They're my favourite concealer from ELF though. REVIEW HERE.]

2. I then got the mineral eyeshadow primer. I love this thing. Read full review HERE. It is often  compared to Urban Decay Primer Potion UDPP. Some reviews even say it is BETTER than UDPP.



3. Then I recently got the eyelid primer and I compared this to the mineral one. I used this one one eye and the mineral one on the other for about a week or so. I found NO significant difference between the two.


BOTTOM LINE: The MINERAL EYESHADOW PRIMER and EYELID PRIMER both work EQUALLY brilliantly, however, the eyelid primer is half the price or less whereas the mineral eyeshadow primer contains no parabens and preservatives. Another thing – the mineral eyeshadow primer expires within 6 months of opening whereas the eyelid primer lasts for twice as much, 12 months. For oily lids, definitely go for the mineral one though.


You can buy this from HERE guys. [UK]
or HERE if you're from the US.



Dyna
xxx

Follow me for more beauty reviews :D xxx


FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this review. I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. You have made me have a thought, if the sealer and primer can be compared to the cover stick then perhaps I could use the primer side of it as a concealer? I was tryin to figure out a use for it! I found it good to prime my lips with but its not often I wear bright red lipstick. Concealer on the other hand... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No enigma don't it's very cakey underneath your eyes. It's too yellow to be a concealer. I thought it would camouflage my bad under eyes but I hated how it looked on me. I honestly would trash the product, but I hate doing that. I sometimes use it to prime my pimples prior to concealer but i can't see the huge difference. But it does not function good as a concealer at all. I get where you're coming from trying to use your products to the maximum, but trust me it looks baaad underneath your eyes. My friends were like "you used too much concealer today" and I was like "I'm testing a product out". It was THAT bad.But you can try it out if you want to, it just didn't work for me. If you do it, keep me updated on how it looks on you. It looked really bad on me though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, it was very cakey on my eyelids so your right probably very cakey on blemishes. I think I will use up sealer part then chuck it out then. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep it just in case I accidentally discover a use for it but I think it just has no use. And I initially was quite pleased with it. Funny how our impressions evolve by time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. is the primer/ concealer oil free? I need light weighted one, MAC primer were horrible..

    ReplyDelete
  6. @bostoniancouture: hello, I don't believe it's oil free but it works brilliantly even on oily lids.

    these are the ingredients on elf's site:

    Eyeshadow Primer

    This gentle and completely sheer Eyeshadow Primer has key vitamins A, C and E to help prevent aging and moisturizes the skin. The formula glides on easily and disappears instantly to create longer-lasting, crease-proof eyeshadow. 100% mineral based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes.



    Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

    hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I meant the mineral eyeshadow primer, if you were talking about the concealerish stick - aka eye primer and liner sealer - I highly don't recommend it, upon application it already feels cakey on the eye. the mineral one is sheer and lightweight. It's my favourite out of the three but is your lids are not oily the eyelid primer will work as good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love elf's eyelid primer, i use it everyday :)

    xo Christine

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tagged you over on my blog!

    http://glamorousgirl2014.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you tried the new essential primers in the different colors?! They're thicker so I think they work even better then the sheer one!

    reviewsbyposh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts