NYX lipglosses: mega shine & round lipgloss [[REVIEW with swatches!!]]

NYX mega shine lipgloss in smokey look, nyx round lipgloss in whipped, nyx round lipgloss in apricot






Comparing the quality of round lipglosses with mega shines...

A lot of people complain about the smell of the round lipglosses, but it honestly does not bother me. In fact, I read so many reviews online saying it smells and tastes disgusting, that as soon as I got them in the mail,the first thing I did was smell them rather than check out the colour. But it honestly does not bother me,and to all those saying it taste horrible, you are not supposed to eat your lipgloss! If you happen to dislike the smell, the fragrance is really not that strong and it does not last on your lips. The packaging is really cute and I have not had any problems with the stopper as some people have said. The tip applicator is bent for easy application. I personally think that the mega shine lipglosses really are better in quality and the scent is more yummy, but both are very very good.


Another thing that I did not find in any of the reviews that I searched online before I bought the lipglosses is THIS:


NYX mega shine lipglosses are pricier, I believe even double the price of the round lipgloss. BUT. mega shines have 6 TIMES more product in them. Yes!


Mega shine lipglosses have: 15ml of product
Round lipglosses have: 2.5ml of product




So in the long run, it is more worth it to buy mega shine lipglosses as you get much more product :)
To me, though, mega shines have less interesting shades than round glosses.

Now on to the swatches and single reviews for shades:
NYX mega shine lipgloss in smokey look, nyx round lipgloss in whipped, nyx round lipgloss in apricot


NYX mega shine lipgloss in smokey look, nyx round lipgloss in whipped, nyx round lipgloss in apricot




Nyx Round lipgloss in Whipped


This is the perfect nude lipgloss to pair with a dead looking nude lipstick with a hint of pink undertone. It does contain shimmer but it is not chunks of glitter, the shimmer only adds shine to your lips and it does not look shimmery on my lips. I like to use it over e.l.f mineral lipstick in natural nymph and nyx slim lip liner in natural and it eleminates the dead look that you sometimes get from a nude lipstick.





Nyx Round lipgloss in Apricot


This, to me looks like an orangey red lipgloss and the colour in the tube really is different from the colour it gives to my lips. I am not a red lipstick girl, and I don't like red lipsticks on me at all. I usually pair this with nyx round lipstick in femme, which is an orange red lipstick and it pairs so beautifully together. I personally don't like to use it it on its own but I'm sure you can, and it gives you a glossy lip with red tint. The texture is really smooth and it is not sticky at all. I love the tip applicator, which is slightly tilted, and I love the cute packaging. This is a great buy.




Nyx Mega Shine Lipgloss in Smokey look


This is such a gorgeous lipgloss, and it is my only mega shine lipgloss. The smell is yummy and packaging is super cute. Smokey Look does have shimmer in it, and it has more shimmer than nyx round lipsloss in whipped, but it does not make your lips super shimmery, it adds shine to the lips. I like to use this lipgloss with nyx slim lip pencil in coral and nx round lipstick in orange soda. Orange Soda for me is very hard to wear, but this lipgloss tones it down and makes it more wearable. One can also wear it on its own for a peachy nude lip, but obviously the results will be different than when paired with a lipstick.


Side Note: all swatches were not paired with any other product.

You can buy nyx products from nyxcosmetics.com , cherryculture.com, makeupgeek.com, ULTA[US] or ebay sellers.




And because many of you ask, I always bought my nyx products from this EBAY SELLER. And yes, the seller's customer service is really really good :)

Have you heard about nyx? Have you tried any of their products? Any favourite products you'd recommend to this make up junkie? :):) Comment Below :)


[[Fill the poll on your right for me guys, that shall guide me onto what you would like to see in my blog. It only takes a second guys x and Sorry, I no longer accept anonymous users commenting on my blog due to the high number of spam comments I have been getting lately.]]

FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this review. I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. such pretty colors! I can't decide which is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!
    I just found your blog,it's very cute!
    I added to your followers:))
    xx Mary
    fashionteaat5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Mega Shine Lipgloss and I love it! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts