REVIEW: ELF super glossy lip shines with spf 15 [[ with swatches!! ]]

pink kiss, iced latte, malt shake

pink kiss, iced latte, malt shake

pink kiss, iced latte, malt shake

pink kiss, iced latte, malt shake


UPDATED!!! NOW WITH LIP SWATCHES!!


ELF super glossy lip shine spf 15 malt shake
  

ELF super glossy lip shine spf 15 pink kiss
ELF super glossy lip shine spf 15 iced latte



When I first got these, I thought they looked so cute. But when I tried them I felt they were too sticky and just left them at the bottom of my make up drawer. But I recently rediscovered them and I'm glad I did. I have a different perspective now, I think they're not runny and they're somewhat moisturising, I don't find them overly pigmented but the tint is quite strong. I love the smell and taste of this product, it's so sweet. I know a lot of people complained about the smell/taste but I strongly disagree.


What I don't like about this product is the packaging. I personally don't like squeezy tubes. You have to use a brush to layer them over a lipstick. The fact that they have spf 15 in them makes them perfect for daytime but I am not too keen on that.

Now on to the colours. I got these randomly with ELF's code at one point which was FREE SHIPPING + 3 FREE LIPGLOSSES and I have to say, I'm not sure what colours I got, I had no labelling on them, [or maybe they had and I threw them away or something] so I guessed what colours I got online and through swatches. So if you think I'm mentioning the wrong colours here PLEASE do tell me :)




Pink Kiss: a metallic pinky shade which is quite pigmented for a lipgloss. I personally don't like that it is metallic but the colour itself is super gorgeous




Malt Shake: a sheer mauve colour which would suit most skintones as it is not pigmented. I love using this one, it makes my lips look plumped.




Iced Latte: a shimmery brownish shade with gold shimmer. I hate shimmer in my lipsticks/lipgloss. If you like shimmer lipglosses, then this may be the shade for you. The shimmer does not feel funny on the lips.




I definitely think they're worth the try, but I'm not much of a lipgloss person. I would definitely consider repurchasing malt shake, I don't know why it seems to plump up my lips and the consistency and everything about this lipstick makes it perfect for daytime to me. The smell and the taste is yummy to me, I don't get why people keep complaining about it.

Bottom Line: since they were free I'm not going to complain about the shades I got. The consistency is really good and is not runny. The packaging is something which I personally am not a huge fan of but it's not defective or anything. It's good but I would have preferred a sponge applicator :) Yes I would repurchase one shade - Malt Shake

Thank you for reading guys. And if you're from Europe [excluding Italy, Spain and Germany- because they have their own website or whatever] and would like to try ELF products, I suggest you “like” ELF's fan page to be informed about elf's promotional codes. Plus the more people join their fan page, the quicker the codes come out :)

If you have never bought from elf uk, their customer service is just amazing and I have purchased so many times I've never ever been disappointed. You definitely don't have to worry about that.

You can buy these  :
HERE [US/CANADA]



FTC Disclaimer: I did not purchase these, I got them for free on a promotional offer from ELF UK but I'm not paid to do this review and I'm not  affiliated with ELF cosmetics. Everything I have said is my genuine personal opinion.

Comments

  1. great review! i love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing review about the elf glossy lip shines. i'm beginning to love elf products and i sure would love to try their lip products. all three colors you showed are pretty. they look really pigmented too. i totally agree with you about squeezy tube glosses though. i remember having glosses in those tubes and they were quite messy.

    thank you for the comment on the boots and for the suggestion about the font. once i get the time i am going to make it quite bigger. :) no worries, even i get tired of it sometimes. haha...

    thanks for following. will follow too. take care and enjoy your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried this, but it sounds nice. I don't mind sticky glosses... hehe~

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pink kiss shade looks lovely...its my fave amongst the three. Would love to try one soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to make it clear Minakichu , they are not sticky, I was used to other lipglosses before so it took me a while to get used to them. Now I love the texture because it is not slippery and I find them moisturising somehow lol. They're definitely worth the try :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts