REVIEW: E.l.f 's different concealers [with swatches!!!]


Top to Bottom.
tone correcting concealer [light beige],
under eye concealer and highlighter [glow/light],
all over cover stick [honey/light] - only one shown in this photo.






E.l.f STUDIO LINE: Under eye concealer and highlighter in glow/light









E.l.f Under eye concealer and highlighter in glow/light









E.l.f Under eye concealer and highlighter in glow/light







Initial reaction:
I'm not amazed to be honest. It does not give you full coverage, I mean I have pretty bad under eye circles. But it's an OK product. Most probably I'll still buy again because when mixed with the highlighter it really brightens your eye even if it does not give you that full coverage . Packaging is cute. Not one of my favourite products though. No detectable smell.
After:
I changed my mind – It is a great product, I'm used to creamy textured concealers – which you drag on your face. Since it is of a liquid texture, you have to pat it on until it blends to your skin rather than drag it. I now use the highlighter on top of my cheekbones because I realised that it does have shimmer which is very visible during daytime. And this is very suitable for daytime. Does not look cakey or whatever on the skin. Blends beautifully. 3/5
The packaging. Soo cute. Just like NARS packaging.








E.l.f REGULAR LINE: tone correcting concealer in light beige








E.l.f tone correcting concealer in light beige








E.l.f tone correcting concealer in light beige








Because it is a liquid concealer, if you drag it along your face, you won't have any coverage at all so you get the best out of this if you pat it on until it blends. However, I am not so impressed. I tried using it on spots. I don't find it has great coverage. But if reapplied you get more coverage. Because it is lighter than my skintone, I find it works better than if it matched my skin tone perfectly. But that's just me. I can't complain though, because for the price it is a good product. Oh. And I love the way it smells. Sugar orange. I prefer elf' s all over cover sticks to be honest. Much more coverage and easier to work with, however, it is more suitable for daytime that the all over colour sticks.









E.l.f REGULAR LINE: all over cover sticks in light beige and honey







E.l.f all over cover sticks [left to right]: light beige and honey





E.l.f all over cover sticks [left to right]: light beige and honey








All over cover sticks have great coverage and are so easy to apply, they have become my favourite concealer at the moment. I would not use this product for foundation, the consistency is more concealer like rather than that of a foundation cream. I have this in honey and light beige and I use light beige for my really bad under eye circles and it does wonders and I also have this in tone 2, honey, which I use for my pimples and to conceal any redness and nose area.






Swatches [left to right]:
all over cover stick in honey
all over cover stick in light beige
tone correcting concealer in light beige
under eye concealer and highlighter in light/glow [concealer]
under eye concealer and highlighter in light/glow [highlighter]




FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this review. I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. love these products and great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter and love it!

    I agree that it doesn't give full coverage, but to be honest... I think most Concealers would struggle with the darkness under my eyes! I must take after my mum...
    I always struggle to find a Concealer that will give full coverage without looking caked on :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you AfricanPina5. :)

    I get what you're saying, Chrystal, because I look like a dead raccoon without any concealer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx for the swatches! I love swatches, especially for Elf (cos its my fav brand lol). Been looking for swatches of the cover stick in Honey but I guess not many buy it.. o.0

    Anyway, I have the one in Rosy Beige and I love using it for my undereyes ^^ It's a little too fair for me though. I tried using it as a foundation once and ARGH! never again.. way too oily!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only have the Tone correcting concealer (as of yet). I like how it's creamy and light. And the "smell" is sweet. And I dab it on just like you. And it does not cake. It's wonderful. Sometimes I even dab it on after powder.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts