NYX slim lip pencils [REVIEW with swatches!!] UPDATED!!

-->




Nyx Slim Lip Pencil – coral, rose, natural, pinky, dolly pink

Overall Rating: 4/5

Would I repurchase: Yes

Would I recommend it to a friend: Yes



Top: nyx slim eye pencil in white
Bottom: slim lip pencil in dolly pink
You can see that the packaging is identical



slim lip pencil: dolly pink, pinky, rose, natural, coral

slim lip pencil: dolly pink, pinky, rose, natural, coral




I love how easy it is to apply along my lips. I suggest to remove the pointed tip by rubbing it against your hand. They last a long time. They are not moisturising but then again you're not supposed to wear them on their own. The colour payoff is really really good. Packaging wise, it is just a pencil identical to the slim eye pencil and the duration of how long the product stays on your lips is fairly long. I prefer a twist up pencil though, I hate sharpening.





SPL 839 Dolly Pink – I thought this would match perfectly with Nyx Round Lipstick in Narcissus,but they're not quite the same. Dolly Pink has more purple undertones than Narcissus. But if one places Dolly Pink on another slim lip pencil in rose, it would have more pink undertone, making it match almost perfectly. This is quite a bright shade, and I believe it is a bit of a shade meant for the younger generations. On cooler tones, I suggest to wear this slim lip pencil on top of rose slim lip liner, Narcissus, and with Nyx Strawberry Milk on the centre of the lips. On warmer skin tones, I suggest using this slim lip pencil with Nyx Paris and Nyx Narcissius in the centre of the lips.




SPL 835 Pinky – I like to pair this slim lip pencil with Nyx Round Lipstick in Lousiana but it is not a perfect match, Pinky is slightly darker and Lousiana is slightly brighter. But they match beautifully together. Pinky is a bright fuchsia pink lip liner. It has the best texture of all of them.




SPL 840 Rose – I thought this was an exact match with Nyxround lipstick in Tea Rose, but not quite, Rose is more pink than Tea Rose and Tea Rose is more of a rosey pink. It is a gorgeous lipliner, could be used for everyday wear, and if you tend to like to wear lipliner on your lips with just clear gloss, this would look really pretty. It is a lightish pink colour with rosey undertones.




SPL 841 Coral – a bright lightish orange colour. It can be quite hard to wear and I usually use this with nyx round lipstick in orange soda and nyx mega shine lipgloss in smokey look and this to me is the perfect corally peachy colour. Very dry consistency, I don't really like that.. refer to the lip swatch below :)




SPL 810 Natural – my go to liner when I do not have a matching liner with my lipstick or lipgloss. I like to use it with nude lipsticks and sometimes I match it with other lipliners to tone down the brightness of the other lip liner. Nyx round lipstick in femme is a bright orangey red colour and I do not have a matching liner. I first wear coral [bright light orange slim lip pencil] and I tone it down with natural.





slim lip pencil: dolly pink, pinky, rose, natural, coral


This is NYX slim lip pencil in coral.Can you see how dry the texture is ?..it literally hurt to do this lip swatch. So yeah. I am not a huge fan of this one because of the texture.


This is NYX slim lip pencil in dolly pink. This is one unique bright wow shade. I like the texture, but it's not as soft as pinky. I have worn this all over the lip

This is NYX slim lip pencil in natural. One unique gorgeous shade.. I use this as a lipliner though, I wouldn't use this all over the lip. I love this lip liner with nude lipsticks.

This is NYX slim lip pencil in pinky. Now this was a surprise. It's surprisingly super soft..
a lovely gorgeous shade. Definitely a keeper.
This is NYX slim lip liner in rose. It's a gorgeous shade.. but it's brighter than in the swatch. In person it's a tad bit harder to wear.. But I LOVE this.


Let me know what you think guys xxx
Dyna
FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this review. I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)




Side Note: all swatches were not paired with any other product.



Have you heard about nyx? Have you tried any of their products? Any favourite products you'd recommend to this make up junkie? :):) Comment Below :)


FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this review. I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

Popular Posts