NYX frapuccino and thalia round lipstick [REVIEW with swatches!!]

Overall nyx round lipsticks:


Pros:
x creamy
x glides very easily
x cheap for a good quality lipstick
x moisturising
x cute black packaging
x very pigmented
x nyx is against animal testing
x have a colour display of the lipstick at the bottom of the tube identical to actual lipstick.


Cons:
x not long lasting, but I don't mind reapplying



I am going to review the following lipstick colours:


Round lipstick [left to right] : LSS 632 Frapuccino, LSS 529 Thalia




Lip Swatch LSS 632 Frapuccino


 LSS 632 Frapuccino
Being a pink lippie person, I was reluctant to try this shade, but have to say, I am not disappointed at all. Texture is great and the colour is extremely gorgeous, giving you a very sophisticated look. It is darker than my pigmented natural lip colour, so I would not call it a nude. A daytime lipstick for me. Would repurchase if I run out.



Lip Swatch LSS 529 Thalia



LSS 529 Thalia:
Initial review: a matte lipstick. Many reviews suggest this lipstick colour. On me, it does not look that great. It looks like a boring dull pink on my lips. I still wear it, however, I usually pair it with a pinker lipgloss such as elf's pink kiss or elf's malt shake. I find it looks good when placing Nyx's Strawberry Milk. I will not repurchase. Very creamy in consistency though. Everyday colour – to pair with neutral shades for daytime wear.
After some time I tried this lipstick on its own, and I have to admit, I changed my mind. It looks gorgeous as a daytime lipstick. It is not one of my favourites and still don't think I'll repurchase. But I think I'll manage to finish the tube one day because I sort of like it.





  Hand Swatch[left to right] : LSS 632 Frapuccino, LSS 529 Thalia




  Paper Swatch [left to right] : LSS 632 Frapuccino, LSS 529 Thalia:











Side Note: all swatches were not paired with any other product.

You can buy nyx products from nyxcosmetics.com , cherryculture.com, makeupgeek.com, ULTA[US] or ebay sellers.


This is the EBAY SELLER I have bought all my nyx products from. The customer service is awesome!

Have you heard about nyx? Have you tried any of their products? Any favourite products you'd recommend to this make up junkie? :):) Comment Below :)


FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this review. I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. im loving thalia. great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous colors, i have a few lipsticks from NYX too and im loving them :)

    Great review :)

    xoxo Christine

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Donna ♥ Baby : thalia is actually highly recommended by bloggers but is not one of my faves, it doesn't look very flattering on me, but it really is a gorgeous shade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Christine: I adore nyx :) I'm really pleased with everything I have from them. Thanks for dropping by sweety :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set of reviews. I like seeing swatches on lips as well as the back of the hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Enigma, so do I, I prefer them that way but paper swatches show the true colour of the lipsticks and the undertones, but I'm pretty sure no one cares about the paper swatch lol. Thanks for commenting hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these two colors I added them to my wishlist =]
    thanks for the swatches!!!


    liquoredonlacquer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're most welcome liquoredonlacquer :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thalia is one of my favorite lipsticks, it's absolutely great! :) Thanks for swatching Frapuccino! ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. no problem Stavroula :) Thanks for commenting hun :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts