MASCARA REVIEW: L'Oreal's Voluminous Original Mascara [with photos!!]





L' Oreal Voluminous.,


 Initial Review:
8ml. Allow me to start with the good stuff. The colour is amazingly black. Great. Price is ok. Not too pricey but have bought cheaper mascaras. Now, on to the bad. I know a lot of people love this one. But I either got a bad one, or I'm wayyy too picky[yes, I'm very picky, I'm more than aware]. But man do I NOT love this mascara. I mean, how did it get so many good reviews in the first place? It claims to create volume. It does not. Not at all. It is not buildable, AT ALL. The tube says “volume building”. YEAH RIGHT. It says “lightweight formula”. LIE. I don't like the stopper at all. If there is one. The brush looks almost standard to me. With normal bristles not rubber. It just ruins my curl. I know I may sound like I'm overreacting, and products are subject to opinions. And my opinion is that it is not good. Anyways, I am still using it. BUT. I pair it with my avon supershock and I use it just on the tips and because as I said in this beginning of this review, it is REALLY black, it does tend to lengthen my lashes. I have to say that this review is on the negative side, because I have read so many goood reviews. Ok not good. GREAT. Claiming that it is the “holy grail”. Say what??!! Maybe you have naturally beautiful lashes but this thing is not a miracle worker. It worsened the way my lashes looked. Formula is a bit runny and liquidy. The packaging looks cheap. But I will finish the tube one day. Or maybe the tube will dry out eventually. We'll see. Overall I think this is a good product to lengthen the lashes because of the intense colour. But I wouldn't use it on its own. So for that I am going to rate it 2/5. As I said before. This review is on the negative side because I bought this because there were a lot of gurus saying that it works great for them. This will not work for everyone. Would I recommend? Only if you have gorgeous lashes. Would I repurchase? NO.







Final Review. This mascara has grown on me, I sort of learnt how to use it now. I use my avon supershock mascara first, then I grab this mascara [and after I remove any excess against the tip of the mascara] I use it on the tips of my lashes. I put on 2 coats, and I separate them again with my avon supershock mascara. I think the formulation has thickened a bit now, which makes it easier to work with.  I probably would not repurchase and would not recommend it though, Sorry.


Brush size and shape compared to other brushes.
Brushes [from top to bottom]:
1. Max Factor Lash Extension Effect
2. Avon Supercurlacious Mascara
3. Avon Supershock
4. L' Oreal Voluminous - Original


Rating: 2/5 [very low rating because I am very picky when it comes to mascaras]



EDIT!!!!
I think this mascara deserves better than a 2/5 rating.. as I am now thinking of repurchasing. The blackness of the mascara is really tempting, so much so I think I'm getting the carbon black one. I would still say this works well at lengthening not volumising. And I think it's a product which can "grow" on people.






FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this review. I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. That's a good review. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun :) will be doing more mascara reviews in the future :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts