LIPSTICK DIARIES #35 | MUA Bring It + 14 NEW PRODUCTS Initial Impressions [feat. Real Techniques, Pupa, MUA, ELF] !



HELLO GUYS!

I've been getting great feedback from these lipstick diaries
 which is why I will be posting more of them,
I'm going for more bold colours and daring looks.
This is not necessarily one of them,
but given that I wore this for daytime,
I'd still consider this rather dramatic.

I also have 14 initial impressions below so read on to see what I think!





 

FACE

 Catrice Prime and Fine Primer
NYX HD foundation 03 natural 
Maybelline instant age rewind concealer in light
MUA Matte perfect loose powder
MUA bronzed perfection 
Pupa Milano 50s dream colour touch highlighter in 001*
ELF healthy glow bronzing powder
Pupa Milano eyebrow highlighter *

EYES

TFSI 
ELF mineral pressed eyeshadow in bridal party, beauty queen*
NYX single eyeshadow in dark brown, highlight, black 
ELF mineral eyeshadow in elegant
Pupa Milano Multiplay eyeliner in 09 black *
Covergirl lash blast mascara very black waterproof 
Pupa Milano eyebrow highlighter *

EYEBROWS

MUA Eyebrow kit - light and dark shades
 Pupa Milano eyebrow highlighter *

 

LIPS

MUA lip boom in bring it - lipstick only
Pupa Milano eyebrow highlighter *




INITIAL IMPRESSIONS!!

 

 

 

Pupa Milano 50s dream colour touch highlighter in 001

First of all. This is so not a highlighter. 
This is a blush, I can't imagine this working on anyone as a highlighter, 
not even the darkest skintones. 
So it's a blush, a beautiful gorgeous blush. 
Blends effortlessly. 
It has a slight sheen to it, which doesn't bother me one bit. 
(I tend to like my blushes matte / satin) 
But this one looks just gorgeous. 
This is LE.  


Pupa Milano eyebrow highlighter

I am blown away ! 
Literally this is one product I know I will 
be raving about in my next favourites video. 
I just know it. 
I used this (and see what a fun mutitasking product this is..)
I used the matte side on the top of my brow to give a brow lift,
I used the shimmer to give a glow underneath it, 
I used the matte on my waterline to brighten my eye, 
I used the matte all around my red lip to perfect and make the lipstick stand out even more. 
And I used the shimmer on my cupid's bow 
for that shimma shimma. 


 

ELF mineral pressed eyeshadow in bridal party, beauty queen

I got these in the last 50% off sale. 
I got 4, I think. 
They are a tad powdery and chalky, but funnily enough, 
they are still rather easy to work with. 
Beauty Queen is a frosty peachy skintone shade.
Bridal Party is a matte / satin white. 
Pigmentation seems great so far.

Pupa Milano Multiplay eyeliner in 09 black 

 I love testing out eyeliners, 
and upon first swatching this I could see it was going to be a good one. 
It has a creamy texture but not excessively creamy
so it's still rather mistake proof, 
I think the packaging is a copy of some Lancome eyeliners 
I recently saw a post up on Pocalocca's blog (LINK HERE)
and I was like, wait - my Pupa eyeliner looks the same!
It's not the blackest black, but is perfect for daytime, 
it's also great to smoke out for that smokey effect. 


MUA lip boom in bring it - lipstick only 

I'm in love with my MUA lip booms, period. 
I think they're underrated, 
I prefer my lip booms over my MUA regular lipsticks. 
I don't care for the gloss. 
Bu t they have this matte / satin finish which I often gravitate towards, 
so I much prefer these lot. 
This one is a blue toned red.
Gorgeous, and doesn't bleed on my lips.

Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush

 I used this for my eyelid eyeshadow and crease, and brow highlight. 
Multitasking, soft, impressed. 

 Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush

I used this to blend my crease colour and trust me, it does the job. 
Real Techniques Setting Brush
I used this to blend my concealer. It did the job and I'm quite impressed. 
Very soft,too.

 

 

Real Techniques Stippling Brush

OVERRATED.
I'm not a huge fan of this brush. 
Two reasons - it didn't wow me application-wise. 
My other foundation brushes do a better job at times. 
PLUS - This scratches my face. 
I hated applying my foundation with this. 
This hurts, my skin - and my skin is not even sensitive. 
I'll try to use it for blush or highlight, or other applications, 
and I'll try it again perhaps I'm just being a sensitive brat. 
But I don't think I'm going to love it. 
*sad face*


Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush

I used this to perfect the lipstick application round the edges, 
did the job. 
I still need to test this out for eyeliner.



 

Real Techniques  Accent Brush

I used this to apply highlight on my innercorner, 
great brush.



Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

 I really want to test this for foundation, 
but I tried it with my blush and highlight today. 
I like it. It's soft and quite impressive.


Real Techniques Blush Brush

I think I'm in love ! 
This brush is divine ! It's so soft and lush ....
it's a dare I say.. a must have!
I used this for bronzer and powder but it's definitely multitasking
LOVE IT!

Real Techniques Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush 

I used  this for my brows, 
I still need to try it with eyeliner though I think it could be too big for that, 
and I want to try it to apply lipstick too.


Real Techniques Brow Brush

This is too big for a brow brush, or eyeliner, 
but today I used this to set my liner and blend it a bit, 
it's soft and nice, 
but I wish it was smaller and thinner.


Real Techniques Setting Brush


I used this brush to apply my liquid concealer and it works wonders.
I want to try it out with setting my under eye concealer now, though.

ABOUT REAL TECHNIQUES

The brushes are lightweight, and they can look cheap to some people. 
I personally like them, but the brushes can stand on their own, 
which is not that useful for me, but I guess it can be a plus. 
They are suitable for vegans and vegetarians, 
because they are not made of animal hair 





I hope you like this post, 
and let me know what you think!
-Dyna
xx



 FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I bought the products myself for my personal use unless otherwise stated and I am not affiliated with the company. Everything I said in this post is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. I also have the brushes, the lipboom (smells gorgeous love the colour but sparkle can be bit gritty, love the look of the Milano highlighter but I think the same too, its a blush not a highlighter , looks a gorgeous tone x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate the gloss with the lipbooms, but then again I got them just for the lipstick part. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the post, totally agree with you on the lipbooms. Would be much better without the gloss. Mostly good for the brushes, I need to bite the bullet and buy some :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love them - except for the Stipple Brush, it's not as soft as the other ones. The expert face brush does a fab job applying foundation. If you're getting a foundation one - get that instead xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Lol signed in as wrong account! Thanks, I will have to see if I can find the brushes on a deal or something :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts