Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Pink Please [review with lip and hand swatches!!]

 

Hey guys =]

I ought to be ashamed of myself. 
This was my first ever lipstick in my collection..
or rather.. the first lipstick bought recommended by youtube gurus and stuff.



Now, I have 25-30 lipsticks, and I still have not done a review.
The weirdest thing is that this particular shade is discontinued. 
How dare you Maybelline??


So here you go:




PACKAGING


Can't complain,
looks like something high end..
I think Dior has some lipstick packaging similar to this one.
I quite like it.



SMELL

Has a kind of vanilla- coconutish smell to it
which I find quite pleasant.


TEXTURE

 Creamy,
Moisturising,
Quite pigmented,
but more on the sheer- buildable side.
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Pink Please swatch







LASTING POWER 

 3-4 hours MAX.




 SHADE

A very pretty rosy pink with coral undertones under certain lightings.
Could easily be my MLBB shade.

I'm wearing it below: [quite old photos actually :)- more than a year old..]





FINISH

No shimmer, no frost
Just creamy.


Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Pink Please lip swatch




BOTTOM LINE

I bought this before I was aware of cruelty free cosmetics.. I don't like Maybelline products that much for that reason. I would have repurchased this shade just because I just cannot find a good dupe for it. But now that it's discontinued I will not try other shades because I have many lipsticks and I try to abstain from companies who still engage in animal testing. Animal testing aside, this is an awesome product.



FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I bought the product myself for my personal use unless otherwise stated and I am not affiliated with the company. Everything I said in this post is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. It looks like a really pretty color :) I love pink :)

    Xoxo Christine
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour is just gorgeous! And you really suit it :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a flattering nude colour. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey love your blog come check out mine and maybe follow ? :) xxx

    www.honorxxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty packaging and color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty and natural color!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts