NYX Purple Smokey Look Kit | Review w/ Swatches !

HEY DOLLS!
I recently got some stuff from NYX cosmetics Malta to try out. 
And this Purple Smokey Look Kit is one of them.


Now to be honest - I think the products sent for pr were not well thought out -
whenever I get products for pr purposes - there's a certain hype around them.
And most of the products they sent don't.
Especially because this brand has just been launched in Malta -
so I'd assume they want a certain hype around the brand.

I'm saying this - because I've tried NYX before and BOY do they have some amazing stuff!
But I didn't like most of the items they sent me.
I'm not going to lie about liking the items, but please bear in mind -
NYX is a great brand, and they have some great stuff - I love their square blushes, round lipsticks,
matte lipsticks, single eyeshadows, caribbean palettes, FOUNDATION (HG stuff here!),
grinding blushes and so many more stuff! -
I'm so excited about about NYX coming to Malta,
and just because I don't like some of these products -
doesn't mean I don't like the brand - I have a ton other reviews on my blog -  so check them out.
I have a huge soft spot for NYX, and I wish that the products they sent me are products that I love so I can share with you how much I love their brand.



ABOUT THE PRODUCT

This is a 9 eyeshadow palette and a 2 lip colour palette.
I don't like the colour combination of the eyeshadows - there are too many similar purples and pinks - not much variety in the finishes.
There's no highlight shade, no black shade, and no neutral transition shade.
The middle shade that's supposed to have purple glitter sucks- because the glitter does not transfer when swatching.
The formula of the eyeshadows isn't anything special - not very pigmented, not creamy, powdery and cheap-feeling unlike their single eyeshadows (which I love!)
The lip colours are okay - nothing special and slightly sticky.

 

 

BOTTOM LINE

Not my cup of tea.


That's it for this post!
I hope you find this helpful and let me know what you think guys!
 Dyna
xx

 FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I got this product for free from NYX Cosmetics Malta for pr purposes, and I am not affiliated with the brand. Everything in this post is based solely on my opinion.

Comments

Popular Posts