Essence lip liners in soft rose and nude coral [review w/ swatches] !!

HELLO GUYS!!
If you read my previous post, 
you'd know my life is currently awesome drowning in deadlines, assignments and boredom.
I don't have that much time to blog. 
But you know what they say..
where there's a will..
there's a way. 
And I found a way :D
I'm currently at a lecture pretending to write every single word the lecturer is saying
as I'm writing this blog post.
:D


PACKAGING
It's your average lip liner packaging. 
Traditional pencil, 
you HAVE to sharpen this. 
Nothing to complain about here. 




TEXTURE
It's matte but it's not matte that it's super drying or cakey.
It's matte enough to look matte
and creamy enough to still look matte but applies easily all over the lip. 



PIGMENTATION
Ok pigmentation is not really an issue,
but the two shades I have are rather MLBB shades
so it's not like you're going to make one swipe and say 
WOW. 
Because it's not a wow shade anyway,
but pigmentation is pretty good.




BUILDABILITY
You can build it up, 
but the shade wouldn't be altered or look more pigmented. 
It won't look heavy on the lips or anything like that if you'd want to build it up. 


SMELL / TASTE
No detectable smell or taste. 




SHADES
Nude coral : A medium matte orange pink subtle coral shade
Soft Rose: A nude matte pink shade

LASTING POWER
Last quite a lot time. I'd give it an average of 4 hours. 

FINISH
Matte, but still smoothe enough to drag on the lips

BOTTOM LINE
To be honest, even though I quite like these, 
I wouldn't repurchase these and if I were to go back I would have passed on these. 
Not because I don't find them useful 
or don't use them, but because 
Nude Coral: looks similar to ELF mineral lip liner in peachy but more pink
Soft Rose: looks like ELF's matte lip color in natural.
 will do a future post about this. :)



FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I bought the product myself for my personal use unless otherwise stated and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion.

Comments

  1. I got nude coral a couple days ago. It's ok but not perfect, I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. like NatalieDouka, i have it too, and i totally agree with her :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts