Catrice nail polish in Apropos Apricot [review w/ swatches] !!

HELLO GUYS!!

I have a nail swatch and review today :D
I have been trying to get access to Catrice for a while,
I checked on ebay but products are somewhat too expensive 
when compared to the retail price. 

FINALLY. I got around to some Catrice nail polishes since, 
I believe, the same person behind Essence cosmetics is getting the Catrice products slowly in Malta.
As far as I know, 
only nail polishes are currently available, 
and because I know some people will ask, 
I got these from the Health Shop at University Canteen, 
but I contacted Essence's customer care and they told me 
that Tony's Pharmacy in Gzira has a wider range of products :)


As far as Catrice's nail polishes go, 
they do not have the same consistency. 
I only have two but they are different..
I have Apropos Apricot and 
Meet me at Coral Island.

Apropos Apricot had a sticker with "2x coats" written on it, 
so I guess that should have told me it's not opaque as Meet me at Coral Island. 

Anyway. 
This needed 3 coats for maximum colour payoff. 
Which is a sort of bummer to be honest..
I don't like putting on a lot of layers, 
I'm way to impatient for 3 coats to fully dry.


 

As I was applying it I was chatting with Nina from Nina's Bargain Beauty Blog
She loves Catrice so I was very eager to try it out.
But at first I was rather disappointed. 
I applied it at nightime, 
and it made my fingers look dead. 
I applied ELF's matte nail top coat on and it seemed to look better. 

Then, I woke up in the morning and fell in love with the nail colour. 
Literally. 
It's such a gorgeous peachy nude shade.. I LOVE it. 
It has very light silver sheen in the packaging but it doesn't transfer
I also wore it another time with no matte top coat. 
And I STILL loved it.

 

It dries to a shiny finish, and I applied the Seche Vite top coat on it 
so that I won't mess it up. 

Having said that, 
my Seche Vite top coat is getting all goopy in texture, 
such a shame. 

Anyway here's the swatch:

 

I used ELF's matte nail polish top coat on top of it. 

I'm glad I got to try it out, 
but I will not repurchase, 
because I'm such an impatient human being 
and I hate waiting for the nail polish to dry in between coats 
when Essence's nail polishes need a maximum of 2 coats. 
Sometimes even just one. 

For your reference it costs €2.79.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for my second review on Catrice nail polishes :)
Dyna 
xxx



FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I bought the product myself for my personal use unless otherwise stated and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. Very nice colour!!

    xox

    http://candybeautiful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only had my Seche Vite top coat for a few weeks and it is getting so goopy too! That's such a shame because it's kind of expensive. Really loving that color!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts