Sigma BRUSHES DUPE at a fraction of the price ?!



HEY DOLLS !

A couple of months ago I saw a review video comparing the Sigma brushes
with the IS MINE brushes from colorfulonline.com
You can watch the video HERE 

I also hauled these brushes in a video of my own.. check that out below..


 so this post is all going to be about these IS MINE BRUSHES REVIEW.



ABOUT THE WHOLE THING.
So I got the coral one, but I believe there are other colours to choose from. 
I wanted to get the same one that the youtube guru mentioned. 
The case is brilliant. 
I love it! - looks just like the Sigma Makeu Me Up Kit, 
but since I don't have that I can't be too sure. 
She compared them in the review video for you all
to see. 
I actually disagree with her, the brushes are not that soft. 
if the SIGMA brushes were that soft and I got them, 
i would have regretted getting them for sure based on their softness. 
The brush kit comes with an extra brush, a mascara wand, 
whereas the Sigma one comes with one less - 12. 

The brushes don't have names, so I gave them a number. 



 


NUMBER 1
This is basically a Foundation brush. I love this brush, and it is suprisingly quite soft.
Feels very professional and dense and I like to use this to apply concealer and when I run out of
brushes, I also use this for foundation, but I do find I need another brush to blend after. 





NUMBER 2
A powder / blush / bronzer brush. This sheds. Even after I've washed it like 5 times. It's definitely not the softest brush, especially compared to the ELF complexion brush, but then again this has 
natural bristles, and the ELF one has taklon bristles. I like to use this for powder and to blend blush / bronzer. Not the best brush in town, fo' sure. 





NUMBER 3
A blush / countouring / bronzer / highlight brush. This has a naughty strand to it which you can see in the photo. It's annoying to say the least. This brush doesn't stain though, it's not the softest brush, 
and it is a bit flimsy to blend your bronzer and blush to be quit honest.





NUMBER 4
A stippling brush. This is meant to be a foundation brush, I assume. I am not a huge fan 
of stippling brushes with this type of monochrome colours. 
I don;t like the way fibre bristles apply foundation. 
But this is indeed more dense than the ELF studio stipple brush (which I hate for foundation)
but it still didn't wow me. This is a soft one.




NUMBER 5
A pencil brush. I quite like this one, it doesn't stain, 
but mine arrived a bit faulty on one side, 
but it fixed itself over time. 
Not the softest brush, again.




NUMBER 6
The blending brush. And I mean, this is THE BLENDING BRUSH. This amazed me!
It's by far the best brush I've ever come across when it comes to blending. 
And I have the Sigma E27 travel blending brush, 
but this is much different, 
and whilst I like both, this, I find is better for blending. 
This one's soft too!



NUMBER 7
The small smudge brush. I like this to apply eyeshadow on the lower lashline and 
apply lipstick, too. Soft, and great!




 NUMBER 8
An angled eyeshadow brush. 
Not the softest brush, for sure, but it does the job quite right.
 I tend to use this when I run out of brushes.




NUMBER 9 
I think this is meant to be an eyeliner brush, but it isn't a good eyeliner brush, its too thick for that. 
I like to use this for applying lip colour personally. 





NUMBER 10
The longer Eyeshadow brush. I quit like this one, even though it;s not the softest brush.
But it packs on the eyeshadow nicely. I like!




NUMBER 11
The mascara wand. It's hand to blend your brows
and there's nothing to complain about here. 



NUMBER 12
An angled liner brush. Pretty nice, but I don't use this for liner, I use this for brows or eyeshadow
or lips personally.





NUMBER 13
The shorter eyeshadow brush, basically like 10, but shorter so you have more control


BOTTOM LINE
It's definitely a good brush set, not the softest in the market, 
but I love the outer packaging.
Do I regret getting it ? No
If I were to go back, would I have opted for something else? No.
 Is it the best brush set ? No, the Coastal 22 brush set is much better imo
This brush kit costs $24.99 + free shipping though, and the coastal scents one costs $34.99 + shipping
so the Coastal Scents one is pricier, and you get more brushes. 

Anyway, that concludes this review , 
I hope you find this helpful and let me know what you think guys!

 Dyna
xx

 FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I bought the products myself for my personal use unless otherwise stated and I am not affiliated with the company. Everything I said in this post is my genuine honest opinion :)


Comments

  1. I have the Sigma coral kit and the brushes and brush holder look very similar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great review, very helpful thanks! It's a shame that they brushes were a bit hit and miss but at least they are cheap, and sounds like a few of them are real gems! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  3. like the brushes!

    -itskeicee

    http://www.itskeicee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the brushes and the case is so usefull....New follower too, thanks anyway...
    xoxo
    Mary

    fairymakeuptales.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  5. There s a website where you can find them at 14 usd. Buyincoins.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I actually got the purple one from that website too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts