BLOGGER DO's or DON'Ts !



HEY DOLLS !



OLD BANNER ALERT !


I want to tell you about DOs or DON'Ts of being a blogger.
This is based on what I think,
and if you disagree,
or have anything to add -
feel free to use the comment section below. 


#1.   If you discovered / found out / read about something from another blogger / guru .. DO share the love. It's only nice to thank someone for information that was passed on to you.

#2. If you want to use someone else's photo, DO share the link. If you don't it is not only unethical, it's illegal as it's considered stealing.

#3.  DO put a disclaimer on your blog / blog posts.. people like to know whether you've bought the product yourself and what is the reason behind your reviews. Being honest is the key to gaining your readers' trust. This is also something which should be done in the US due to FTC rules. (I'm not very informed about the subject, but I'm sure you'll find a lot of stuff about it if you google it.)

#4. DON'T go round asking companies that you have a blog and you want free products to review, so if you're doing anything, just introduce yourself. Companies offer opportunities for bloggers and gurus and that's when you make a move. If you're just into free products, blogging and youtube is not for you.

#5. Speaking of free products, if you do happen to get free products, DON'T hide anything from your readers. I have been sent products, and at times, I didn't like them. I never pretended to, I just said it in a civilised manner, no need to bash companies. Companies should respect your opinion, and in all honesty, I never had a company tell me to take down a review or contacting me because I said that I wouldn't really buy the item if it weren't free.

#6. DON'T copy someone's style. I mean, bloody hell, people are not stupid, you might like someone's certain way of doing something, but don't copy the whole lot. Adapt it to your own style.

#7. DO interact with other bloggers. Blogging is a community not a competition. Support other bloggers. I probably follow more blogs than they follow me. AH! and by the way - I'm not the type to spam the comment sections on blogs to follow back. Not that i have anything against it, but I don't do it.

#8. DO Brush up your English. I know I might sound rude,
 but honestly - if your English is not good enough, 
or you have a lot of basic mistakes, 
it looks unprofessional 
and it could make you look stupid. 
Write in your language, or make sure that people can understand what you're writing. 
I make mistakes, too - don't get me wrong. 
But your writing reflects on you and your personality. 
Making too many grammatical mistakes leaves a bad impression, 
unfortunately. 


#9. No bad comments.
YES. DON'T. ever! EVER! write bad comments. Should you need to give constructive feedback, 
be polite about it. Saying something rude, regardless if it's true or not, 
is impolite and makes you look like an idiot. Period. 


#10. DO remove the bloggers spam
This is not etiquette, really, it's just a strong suggestion, 
I personally hardly ever comment on blogs,
because you'd have to enter that spamming code ordeal. 
I took that off a long time ago, 
If I get spam comments, I delete them, 
my readers don't need to waste 10 seconds of their life proving they're not a robot. 
Not on my blog. 


These are mere suggestions,
and what I think is right and not right,
my opinion,
I would love to know yours,
and I hope this post helps!
- Dyna
xxx






Comments

  1. This is a great post especially for all the new bloggers out there I had no idea that is was the law to have disclaimer on your blog in the US? Crazyyy. Great post I agree with everything you said :)

    Jamie-Lee|Glitter Infatuation Beauty Blog! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very informed about FTC as I said, but that's what I read in some article. I'm from Malta so it doesn't affect me, so I never really researched it intensely, I don't want to mislead you. and thanks dear! Glad it was helpful ! x

      Delete
  2. Great post, I agree with everything, except with the spammer code point. Of course it sucks and I hate to use it, but I had a huge problem with getting spam comments a while ago and could berely keep up with deleting them. I mean I got at the very least 10 of them daily... sometimes even more! So I had to put the spam code in at least for now, informed my readers about it and that was that. I do want to deactivate it again sometime, but will wait a bit with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your point dear, I get spam comments too but I delete them, it's quite easy to go to the comments tab and delete them, but I can understand that it can be time consuming. But it pays off, because it encourages people to give you more feedback x

      Delete
  3. Great tips for any newbie blogger like myself! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with removing the spam thing....it puts me down from commenting when I see I need to fill it in. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i do agree so much with you...very nice post indeed....
    kisses
    Mary
    fairymakeuptales.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips for new bloggers!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. agree with all in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dyna, I just wanted to let you know that I found out that a blogger blog has been stealing my blog's posts (re-posting my entire posts w/pictures) and the author did not contact me and did not obtain permission to do so. It appears that they have done the same to you. This great post of yours, ironically, is on their blog as well. Here is the link to the post.

    http://choosepetroleumjelly.blogspot.com/2013/03/blogger-do-or-don.html

    I have not yet decided how I am going to proceed with this but I wanted to alert another fellow blogger that their content is being re-distributed as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn, first of all thank you so much for letting me know, I truly appreciate it. I contacted blogger to proceed with copyright infringement. Hopefully they ll take the blog down. I used this link: http://support.google.com/bin/request.py?contact_type=lr_dmca&product=blogger I strongly advise you to report too, because if we all join together we can take this imposter down.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts