LIPSTICK DIARIES #27| MUA cheeky! - is it really unwearable?



HELLO GUYS!
In end of January, MUA launched a 50% off haul 
as a thank you for the support from their customers, 
the site crashed, 
and there were many paypal issues. 
I had one of those issues, 
I received my parcel around a month later, 
only to find out they sent me two lipbooms I hadn't ordered, 
which I already had. 
I contacted them and was sent the lip booms I actually ordered. 
This cheeky one, is one of them. 

I read quite a lot of reviews trashing this lip boom. 
But as a makeup addict, 
I wanted the whole collection. 
And I got it. 

I'll show you the pictures and let you know what I think below ..



 

FACE
MUA matte foundation in natural
Maybelline age rewind concealer in light
MUA matte perfect loose translucent powder
Essence soul sista bronzing powder in 01 Shake your booty !*
ELF HD blush in headliner*
NYX mosaic powder in highlight*

EYES
TFSI
Milani liquif eye eyeliner in black
Vivo cosmetics matte eyeshadow in rich chocolate, sandstorm
Vivo cosmetics pearl eyeshadow in espresso, goddess, pale gold
Catrice absolute eye colour eyeshadow in bring me frosted cake
Catrice intensif eye eyeshadow in vanilla sky ride
NYX single eyeshadow in black
Covergirl lash blast mascara

EYEBROWS
Essence eyebrow stylist in brown
Essence lash and brow gel mascara

LIPS
MUA lip boom in cheeky - lipstick only 


WHAT I THINK

I wanted to wear this with a lovely soft daytime smokey eye. 
I actually love the colour in person, 
and I don't find this looks chalky on my lips, 
unlike what I read on some blogs. 
The texture is harder and sheerer though, 
so I needed a couple of swipes to get the colour to show up properly. 
I don't think it photographs all that well, it's a cool toned pink, 
so it's normally very hard to wear for warm skintones. 
But sometimes the whole look can make an unwearable lipstick work. 

I'm not sure this look worked with this lipstick. 
I think I need to work more to make it work.
But honestly, this actually looked great in person. 

What do you think?

- Dyna
xx



* pr products

FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I bought the products myself for my personal use unless stated otherwise and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this post is my genuine honest opinion :)


Comments

  1. I think you made it work perfectly! I think the whole makeup look is lovely :)

    eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty!!!!! it works perfectly for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog!
    Following!!
    :D

    http://mustbepink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts