*ATTENTION ALL BLOGGERS/FANS* - NO MORE GFC



Attention Image

HELLO GUYS!
This is not a regular post of mine, 
but this is very important for you all to know, especially if you have a blog.

From what I can understand:
As of 1st July 2013, Google Reader is going to be taken down, which means - all your followers via GFC will no longer get your updates.

Luckily, we have a simple solution. Sign up to Bloglovin with your facebook account, and from there you can transfer the blogs you follow with GFC on your bloglovin account. It's simple as that, and you won't need to follow all blogs individually.

PLEASE SHARE, if everyone does this we won't we be losing any of our followers in 3 months. Thank you for your time.
 
http://www.bloglovin.com/
So if you're not sure on what to do when google reader / GFC is deleted / taken down - here's your simple solution.

Additionally - you can sign a petition against this GOOGLE decision HERE



*EDIT(for clarification)*

Google announced that Google Reader is going to be taken down. Google Reader is linked to GFC. Technically, GFC no is not disappearing. But people who follow blogs through GFC willl no longer get updates on their google reader. So GFC is technically going to be useless (if they don't use the dashboard on blogger), because our readers will no longer get updates like they traditionally have been on google reader which could be that GFC will eventually be disabled because readers will no longer get updates from their blogs. So if a follower was reading your blog through Google Reader, no that follower will no longer get your updates. So I'm sharing an alternative. It could be that I'm wrong, but I've done my research and I'm not risking having my followers not get any updates. For me my followers aren't just a number, I don't care if I'll still have my 1000+ followers widget up. I want them to receive my updates. And by signing up to bloglovin, you won't be signing out of google reader, it's just an alternative. You can choose to let things be, But I'm not going to. I'm just passing on that message, as a suggestion to all of you. I'm not trying to be a know-it-all, trust me that's not my point. I'm just trying to pass on a message that bloglovin is an alternative to google reader, so that people who don't know that google reader's going to be gone, they'll found out there's an alternative.

- Dyna

xx

Comments

  1. Google reader disappearing is not affecting GFC. when you open your dashboard, the blogs you follow will still be there and you will be able to see what they posted. Google is not taking GFC yet, but there are some rumors.... I agree that we should follow blogs on other platforms as well just in case, but GFC is not disappearing from 1st of July.. I would so much like to know from where all this started ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google announced that Google Reader is going to be taken down. Google Reader is linked to GFC. Technically, GFC no it's not disappearing. But people who follow blogs through GFC willl no longer get updates on their google reader. So GFC is technically going to be useless, because our readers will no longer get updates like they traditionally have been on google reader which could be that GFC will eventually be disabled because readers will no longer get updates from their blogs. So if a follower was reading your blog through Google Reader, no that follower will no longer get your updates. So I'm sharing an alternative. It could be that I'm wrong, but I've done my research and I'm not risking having my followers not get any updates. For me my followers aren't just a number, I don't care if I'll still have my 1000+ followers widget up. I want them to receive my updates. And by signing up to bloglovin, you won't be signing out of google reader, it's just an alternative. You can choose to let things me, But I'm not going to. I'm just passing on that message, as a suggestion to all of you. I'm not trying to be a know-it-all, trust me that's not my point. I'm just trying to pass on a message that bloglovin is an alternative to google reader, so that people who don't know that google reader's going to be gone, they'll found out there's an alternative.

      Delete
    2. I am sorry if you felt offended any how. I totally understand your point and I definitely didn't think your were trying to by a know-it-all. I do think bloglovin is a great alternative, but I was just saying my opinion. If I am wrong I am sorry ... and you are right, followers is not just a number. I also think that with all this Google tries to get more people into using Google+ and for some reason I have a feeling that they are trying to replace GFC with Google+ in the future...

      Delete
    3. I wasn't dear, I was trying to clarify my motives behind this post. Sorry if I sound angry (I am, but at google not you.) That's the thing with Google, we all know they removed the widget from non-blogger websites before, so it feels like GFC will also be removed eventually. :/

      Delete
    4. To be replaced with the unsuccessful Google+ (I don't like it, but probably I will need to try to learn to use it) ...When they removed GFC from non-blogger websites they suggested using Google+ I bet that eventually they will do the same for blogger...

      Delete
  2. so glad i am following you via bloglovin'

    Chiara♥
    xmisschiarax.blogspot.com

    BLOG | Instagram | Twitter | bloglovin' | Pinterest | WeHeartIt | polyvore

    ReplyDelete
  3. But why people just simply use the dashboard to read? The dashboard isn't Google Reader, the dashboard is on its own, as far as I know. I can read all the blogs through Google Reader AND my Blogger Dashboard. All the blogs you are following (and follow you) appear in GR AND the Blogger dashboard, so waht is the problem here? GR has nothing to do with the Blogger dashboard. But I also want my followers to follow me through Bloglovin, because maybe GFC will appear in the future. Not on July 1st but maybe later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry! I meant 'But why people do not simply use the dashboard to read?'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can, it's another option, but the dashboard is different than google reader (layout and access) Normally people who use the dashboard actually have a blog. Plus they've already disabled gfc for non-blogger websites. It seems like everyone's trying to find an alternative, just in case.

      Delete
  5. I think this whole issue is very confusing. When I try to get information over google, I find next to nothing. The rumors of GFC being taken down or not being usable in the future have been going on about a year now. I think I'll try to get a hold of a phone number and call someone from google :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! That's because last year, by end of March (I think ) GFC was taken down from non-blogger websites, but was still available on blogger. It's a controversial issue and nothing seems clear really x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts