REVIEW: NYX long lip pencil in coffee [vs NYX slim lip pencil in natural] swatches!!

I have had this NYX lip liner in coffee for a while now, I got this for free on a promotional offer because I exceeded £5 from a particular ebay seller, Angel's Beauty Bag.

Anyways, I chose this shade which is L3 Long Lip Pencil #Coffee. and I thought it was going to be lighter than  the Slim Lip Pencil in Natural.

But uhm.. yes, I'll let the photos do the talking on that.


TOP TO BOTTOM: NYX long lip pencil in coffee, NYX slim lip pencil in natural


left to right: NYX slim lip pencil in natural, NYX long lip pencil in coffee
 Clearly, you get much more product out of the Long Lip Pencils. But it does NOT beat my favourite lip liner. a.k.a. NYX slim lip pencil in natural.


The formula of the NYX long lip pencil is also a bit of a meh. It's much harder to blend, a bit cakey.. I don't know.. I didn't really like it that much to be honest and I'm sticking to the slim lip pencil to be honest.
I am not sure whether it's all NYX long lip pencils or just this ones. But i do know that the slim lip pencils are a bit of a hit and miss too.. with regards to texture. 

Oh well. There's no repurchase here. But hopefully this grows on me :)




FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I bought the product myself for my personal use unless otherwise stated and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this post is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. I really want to try a few of NYX lip pencils, they have a few colors that i love :)
    I hope this grows on you, maybe you will love it :)

    Xoxo Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the red one from the same seller and I actually quite like it. I like to fill my lips in with it after lining them so the colour lasts longer. Try applying a little lip balm underneath for a smoother finish :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have never tried that brand before so will look out for it now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pencils are very good...I have them in "Natural", "Nutmeg" and "Pinky"...if you want to see the colors check out my blog! http://lucyintheskywithlipgloss.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts