ELF studio translucent mattifying powder [review with swatches !!]

 

Hello guys, 
I have been delaying this review since forever. 
I literally didn't know what to say about this product.
 and I'm still kind of a meh on this review.. 
but I'd like to let you guys know what I think.



THE PACKAGING 
So I'm gonna state the obvious here.
Pretty sleek sort of expensive looking packaging.
An effort to dupe the NARS packaging.
It comes with a sponge.
It is placed in a cardboard packaging which you can see below :



THE PURPOSE

A. Using it on the T zone. 
I use it over my foundation on my T zone to control my slightly oily T zone. I think this is the best use for it.

B. Using it as an all over setting powder.
I much prefer the ELF complexion perfection or the ELF mineral booster. I don't know, this kind of washes me out. 



THE SHADE

This is a peachish kind of neutral natural shade which tend to blend into the skin, 
but it does leave a tint on me

ELF translucent mattifying powder studio line swatch


Do I reach for it very often? No
Repurchase? No
Can I live without it? Yes
But I AM trying to use it up so that, you know, I won't have to feel guilty.



FOR THE RECORD 
I'm not trashing the product.
I just don't think I really needed it.
I think people with an oily skintone and who need retouching will find more use for this product :)




FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I bought the product myself for my personal use unless otherwise stated and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)


Comments

  1. i would like to try this. But i am kind of not sure too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an oily T-zone, byt dry cheeks. And this is great for touch ups. My T zone goes matte. For Oily skin it is a must have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least it's affordable so always worth a try, appreciate the honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you guys it's good to see things in other's perspectives :) glad this will work for oilier skintones :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this for in my handbag, its got a big mirror which is good and I use it to mattify my tzone during the day. I dont use it all over though and it isnt translucent but seems to match my skin tone alright. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm could be a good product for me to mattify my tzone during the day

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts