EXCLUSIVE NEW CATRICE & ESSENCE products [brief initial impressions + FOTD] !

HELLO GUYS!

So I'm not working today so I had some time 
to play aroundwith some of the new
Catrice and Essence stuff I got.
[whic by the way is so darn fun!]
I feel like I'm the luckiest girl in the world
to pick up any product I want which is soon-to-be available on the market 
and experiment with it and share my thoughts with you all :D 

Anyway.. 
here was the look I came up with :D

 









 


 

FACE
Catrice Prime and Fine Smooth Refining Primer
Revlon photoready concealer in 003 Light Medium
Essence LE Soul Sista bronzing powder *NEW*
Catrice defining blush  in 010 Toffee Fairy *NEW*
Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder *NEW*

EYES
 ELF eyelid primer in nude
Catrice made to stay longlasting eyeshadow in 070  in Mauvie Star *NEW*
Catrice Absolute Eye Colour in 260 I Am A Coal-Girl *NEW*
Essence mono eyeshadow in 22 Blockbuster
Catrice Absolute Eye Colour in 530 Paul Mac Cartney  *NEW*
Essence sun club 100% splash proof eyeliner pen in 01 ultra black  *NEW*
Catrice precision eye pencil longlasting in 090 Gold Me Tight! *NEW*
Essence longlasting eye pencil in 17 tu-tu-touquoise *NEW*
Essence LE Soul Sista glitter eyeliner  *NEW*
Catrice Evolution to Revolution Ultra Black Volume Mascara *NEW*

EYEBROWS 
Catrice Absolute Eye Colour in 080 Go, Charlie Brown!
Essence clear mascara
LIPS
Catrice Kohl Kajal in 120 We found Nemo! *NEW*


All products labelled  *NEW* were given to me for free at the Bloggers Event at PharmaMT (importers of Essence and Catrice cosmetics)




BRIEF INITIAL IMPRESSIONS!


Essence LE Soul Sista bronzing powder 


 


 A limited edition product, slightly powdery buildable bronzer with a slight orange undertone
and soft gold glow to it (barely visible when applied.)

Catrice defining blush  in 010 Toffee Fairy





 A new colour blush, it's a neutral, mauve very soft beige colour with a pink undertone and a soft glow to it, 
it has a satin finish, blends very easily. 
Suitable for a very natural blush for daytime. 
Best for pale/ light complexions.

Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder 

 



A pink undertoned highlighter with a soft golden glow to it, 
it is barely visible when applied to the face, 
but the glow is still there, 
so it looks very natural, 
and is best for a daytime look. 
Perfect for summer.


Catrice made to stay longlasting eyeshadow in 070  in Mauvie Star 


 


A very creamy metallic purple -brown. 
It applies very nicely. 
I used my fingers. 
The texture is almost mousse like. 
Colour is lovely.

 Catrice Absolute Eye Colour in 260 I Am A Coal-Girl


 

I used this to define the crease.
It's an insanely pigmented, slightly powdery eyeshadow.
A  matte deep purple.
Brilliant quality, but a bit hard to blend because it is so pigmented.
 I don't mind that though. 


Catrice Absolute Eye Colour in 530 Paul Mac Cartney




Slightly disappointed with this one. 
It's a beautiful silvery frost, 
but there seems to be no base to it. 
There is no colour essence to it except for the frost, 
so it is rather sheer and powdery also.

 

Essence sun club 100% splash proof eyeliner pen in 01 ultra black


 


I have so many high expectations when it comes to eyeliners, 
because nothing seems to beat my Essence waterproof eyeliner. 
Not that it's a bad product, 
the wand is very nice, it's bigger than the normal applicators and the packaging is nice. 
Dries to a satin finish.
Not sure about lasting power.
But I wish the black was more intense. 



Catrice precision eye pencil longlasting in 090 Gold Me Tight!

 



 A lovely metallic gold colour. I used this on my inner eye corner. 
Looks brilliant, 
applies nicely. 
A bit sheer, so it needs a bit of build up

Essence longlasting eye pencil in 17 tu-tu-touquoise 


 

 A lovely teal coloured eyeliner with silver shimmer, 
I used this on the lower lashline, 
it needs a couple of swipes for maximum colour payoff, 
but it's so worth it. 
Very creamy. 
Love it.
 

Essence LE Soul Sista glitter eyeliner





Easy to use, 
but if you're planning to pack the glitter on you need a couple of swipes. 
I like the wand. 
I used this over the Essence longlasting eye pencil in 17  tu-tu-touquoise 



Catrice Evolution to Revolution Ultra Black Volume Mascara


 

LOOK 1
LOOK 2
  A 2 in 1 mascara.
Now I don't like to talk too much
when it comes to mascara because its function often changes over time.
But so far, I found that (surprisingly!) they have two different functions.
The brush is the same, the sifter is different in look 1 and 2.
So 2 picks up more product.
Look 1 gave me more length,
and Look 2 gave me more volume.


Catrice Kohl Kajal in 120 We found Nemo


 


Now this is the highlight of the look. 
I just posted a photo on facebook and Nehrish Sj guessed it was an eyeliner. 
So when I first saw this at the event, I said "I NEED THAT!" 
and then I figured out it's an eyeliner. 
Nevertheless, 
the texture is brilliant.. 
it's just like a lipliner- type of texture. 
It is not drying, 
it has a fabulous colour payoff 
and seemingly a great lasting power. 
Sometimes you have to blend it with your fingers if it sets in fine lines, 
but other than that
Love it!


So that's it for this lengthy post...
but I really hope it was helpful 
and I'll be posting more about Catrice and Essence new products as the days go by..
let me know what you think .. 
and if you have any requests or questions feel free to bring them forward.

Now I'm off to have a cookie. 
Because darn it -  I deserve one. 
:D 
See you in the next post guys!

Dyna

xxx



FTC Disclaimer: I got all of these items for free at the Bloggers Event at PharmaMT (importers for Essence and Catrice). Other makeup not marked in the FOTD was paid for by myself. I am not being paid for this post, nor am I obliged to do videos/ posts featuring their products. My loyalty is always towards my subscribers. I would never avoid saying something just because I got an item for free.

Comments

  1. Hi, do you buy your Catrice stuff online? I can't seem to find where to buy it from. I live in France. Thanks for any info you can give me. Really enjoy your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catrice and Essence are not available online hun, they are available in shops in some European countries. Not sure about France though there's an Essence website: essence.eu I think there's information there and there's also a contact form where you can ask them :) Catrice is relatively new though. Essence has been in Malta for 8 years and Catrice has become available in March. x

      Delete
  2. really awesome, glad you enjoy your goodies! I love the coral lip on you< I dont know if I'd use it as eyeliner myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo, so many lovely new products! The purple cream eyeshadow looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reply. I don't think i'll be able to get hold of Catrice then. I guess at some point they'll be a Catrice distributor but for now...nothing :-( They do a couple of MAC eyeshadow dupes that i'd like to try.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts