ELF US new products launched - with running commentary, of course ;)

HELLO GUYS!!

Every now and then I check out the US site,
and I realised that they have launched some new products. 
I know these won't get available on the UK site (I'm not from UK, but I buy from their site),
but by the time they become available I'll narrow down the list of products I want to try.

I have tried everything that I wanted to get from ELF so far, 
so new shades and new products will always intrigue me.

I would like to inform you that I own NONE of the photos, 
I am "borrowing" them from the US site,
so that you can see. 
ALL photos are clickable and link you to the product on the site. 

Beautiful Browns
ELF essential flawless eyeshadow ($2)
These 4 colour eyeshadows remind me of the 3 pan Wet n Wild Color Icon palettes .. 
with the whole: base, crease etc written on them. 
A lot of brands do this but it reminds me mostly of WnW.
I hope the quality is similar to WnW too.. 
that would be awesome!
ELF in general don't have very good eyeshadows (except for the mineral eyeshadows).
I'm quite under impressed. 
So I hope the formula on these will be different than the older formulas.
These 4-colour eyeshadows come in different shades, the neutrals look like soemthing I'd use. 
I'll look forward to reading reviews on these lot :D


Angel
ELF essential glitter eyeshadows ($2)
Mmm. Not so intrigued by these. 
I have a feeling these are going to be powdery, chalky.. 
and just shimmer eyeshadows. 
We'll see :)
They come in different shades too.


Volumizing Mascara
ELF essentials Volumising Mascara ($2)
I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually quite intrigued by this mascara. 
The wand looks nice. 
I don't like ELF mascaras usually, I don't tend to like the formula at all. 

Believe
ELF shimmer lip gloss ($2)
I hate shimmer glosses. 
But for those who do, 
the shades are quite natural and wearable. 

,
I use regular tubs and regular napkins, 
but I'll probably give these a go.



Eye Makeup Remover
ELF eye makeup remover pads- 24 packs
Definitely intrigued. 
I'm always intrigued by products claiming to remove eye make up
especially because my eyes are so sensitive, and I tend to wear waterproof and annoying to remove 
mascara and liners. 

Glitter Eyeshadow Applicator
ELF glitter eyeshadow applicator ($3)
Not intrigued. Looks like a regular sponge tip to me. 
But I could be wrong. 


HD Undereye Setting Powder

ELF HD under eye setting powder ($3)
I have a feeling this is the regular HD powder
in a different packaging. 
But that's my impression. 

Mineral Face Cleanser
 ELF mineral facial cleanser ($8)
mm. $8 is kind of pricey for a cleanser elves. 
I can get Nivea for that price.
And by the time it gets to UK that will cost like £10. 
It's mineral though, so I guess that's good. 

Face Line Filler
 ELF face line filler ($5)
I have a feeling this is similar to the wrinkle refiner. 
We'll see. 

Kohl Eyeliner
ELF kohl eyeliner ($3)
Only available in black, and comes with a smudger apparently. 
I hope this is better than the regular eyeliners

Mineral Powder Brush
ELF mineral powder brush ($3)
Apparently this is similar to the ELF studio blush brush but rounder, 
GREAT :D

Makeup Remover Pen

ELF make up remover pen ($3)
Not intrigued, 
I'd never fid use for something like this.

Lash Extending Mascara
ELF Lash extending mascara ($3)
The wand looks nice. 
But as I said, 
I'm not particularly impressed with ELF mascaras so I'm not sure if I should get this. 

Powder Brush
ELF essential powder brush ($1)
Ok I have to admit, I would have been quite excited about this if this product was in the studio line, 
but because I know that these animal hair bristles are quite coarse, 
I don't think I'll be getting this.

Lotion Wipes
ELF studio lotion wipes ($3)
Ok so I thought these were make up removing wipes. 
These are moisturiser wipes apparently.
Not intrigued. 
I'd rather carry my favourite moisturiser.

Volume Plumping Mascara
ELF Volume Plumpling Mascara ($3)
Again, intrigued by the wand - 
but skeptical about the formula.

Pearl
ELF studio shimmer sheets ($3)
Ok this might come off as rude.. 
but I saw these in action in a video, 
and they remind me of some toy you'd give to a little girl. 
Not interesed, 
but I guess it can be interesting. 



 That's it for this post guys,
I hope you found this informative :D

Let me know if there's anything that really intrigues you to buy in the comment section below :)


Dyna




   FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this post is my genuine honest opinion :)






Comments

  1. Hi
    Great post...again:O) But the new thing about the glitter eyeshadow applicator is that i'ts made of silicone, not sponge :D That sound like fun to me ;) And I also want to try out the new lip stain :D I havent tried any lip stains yet because they are to pricey here, but when I can get it in "elf-price" I think I might try:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. Now I have to buy from ELF AGAIN :D

    Christina / frkstubba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. now them first eyeshadows i dont think would live up to WNW for some reason but it would make you wonder the last three items are coming in the next order to the UK hunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm i've never really had much luck with Elf products! They always seem cheap. I suppose the saying, you get what you pay for is true here.


    Check out my massive 200 follower giveaway:
    http://allthingsbeautymake-upandshopping.blogspot.com/2012/02/massive-200-follower-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, nice products, like you said, i'm totally notinterested in their 1 dollar brushes .

    i can't wait to have them here in Belgium :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually love the eyeshadow, smudge and blend brush. But that's about it hehe x

      Delete
  6. I'm intrigued by the lash extending mascara and the mineral powder brush, but the rest of the products seem kinda meeeeh...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. None of their brushes have animal hair...they are on PETA's cruelty free list as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hunny, some of the regular line brushes are made of animal hair bristles as far as I know, but that doesn't mean they are not cruelty free.I cut my dog's hair too, it doesn't mean I hurt her hehe :) The studio line brushes are made of taklon, and the mineral ones are synthetic as well. xx

      Delete
    2. In regards to "cruelty-free" I was speaking on the standpoint of a vegan and PETA member. "Cruelty-free" means that it contains NO animal by products, it has nothing to do with the treatment of the animals such as your analogy of "cutting your dog's hair". I, however, did not know that their essential line brushes had animal hair but after research I found they do so I'm glad I don't own any lol

      Delete
    3. I am not sure what it exactly means, but as far as I know, cruelty free means that products did not harm animals in the making. Vegan products, however, do not include any animal-derived ingredients. I could be wrong, but that's as far as I know. I do own a few animal hair brushes, I personally don't mind because it's completely harmless, I believe, horses get their ponytails and hair trimmed all the time, just like my little puppy gets a haircut in summer to avoid feeling all the heat :) But I can see why some people would want products that are vegan, too. I actually prefer syntehtic bristles over animal hair any time :D

      Delete
  8. I see you are trying to just voice your opinion but you are only basing your opinions from the pictures, there isnt even reviews on these yet on the website and that kinda seems bias, but overall the glitter stick looks kinda pointless and so does the cleanser i could get something way better at the drugstore for that price not including shipping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, the word "bias" is used unfairly. Because it's still my perception. The definition of bias for your reference: "Bias is an inclination to present or hold a partial perspective at the expense of (possibly equally valid) alternatives." Actually, if I were someone else I would be highly offended (people get taken to court for these kind of statements). But I'm not offended because I believe you meant to use a different phrase. As the owner of a blog, I am very responsible HIGHLY unbiased even when companies send me free products. You are, however, defeating the purpose of the post. I am merely stating my reaction of products newly available on the site. I cannot review them, if I don't own them. I am featuring them in a post for people to see, and stating my personal reactions. There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, I used statements like "I could be wrong" and "We'll see" because, of course, I cannot be certain or even know how the product will perform. A lot of people have not tried ELF, or other brands, and it's okay for me to say "oh this new product reminds me of this brand" or "that other product".. I don't see any wrongdoing. Btw, I did what you just did in the comment section - you said your own reactions and that is perfectly fine, I wrote it in a blog post and you wrote it in the comment section ;)

      Delete
  9. I have already updated my wishlist with some of these items :) I do agree with you on certain products being given different names/packaging

    ReplyDelete
  10. can't wait until we can order the new things in europe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts