ELF shimmer eyeliner pencil in black bandit [review w/ swatches!!]

HELLO GUYS!!

I have been meaning to review this product for quite a long while..
and when that happens it's usually because 
A. I didn't have the time.
B. I didn't use it sufficiently enough to review it.
C. I don't like it and I'm hoping a miracle happens and I like it. 

This time, it's C. 

Unfortunately, yes, I don't like this product.

 This was a hit product in my January Hits and Misses video [which you can check out below]:





But I'll let you know exactly what I think thoroughly in a few: 





PACKAGING
Pretty sleek,  I like that the name of the product are carved in, so they won't fade. 
I like that there's glitter in the actual packaging, it looks really cute. 
There's a sharpner as a cap which makes me:
A. like that it comes handy
B. not like it because the product will dry up real quick this way




TEXTURE
Not creamy enough, 
it fails to draw on the waterline
and it drags the top lashline. 
Not good. 



PIGMENTATION
Lacks pigmentation, 
it requires a couple of swipes to get maximum colour payoff. 
It is, however, buildable

LASTING POWER
Not smudgeproof, 
not waterproof, 
and definitely requires setting. 


SHADE
It is a black shade, with a slight metallic finish. 
The shade, is actually very pretty.

BOTTOM LINE
I don't like this product,
and would not recommend it. 
I have used this 3-4 times for the sake of the review and it still really disappointed me.
Not using this anymore, 
perhaps I'll use it to apply cream liner on the waterline with this. 
But I don't recommend this at all. 

Opt for the ELF studio cream liner if you don't want to be disappointed.


That's it for this post guys!!
 I hope you found it helpful
Dyna

   FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I bought the product myself for my personal use unless otherwise stated and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this post is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. What a shame!
    Check out my massive 200 follower giveaway:
    http://allthingsbeautymake-upandshopping.blogspot.com/2012/02/massive-200-follower-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont like any of the shimmer eyeliners. They kinda hurt when u try and put them on because they are not creamy at all. My 4 year old liked them tho, she got into my make up and colored on my bedroom walls with them lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to laugh, because I bet it's a pain to remove, but the way you said it is so funny hehe x

      Delete
  3. I have ceveral of the shimmer eyeliner pencils and I quite like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the "Twinkle teal" and "Gunmetal" and I found there are quite good though I think they are too creamy. If you want to see the color, check out my blog http://lucyintheskywithlipgloss.blogspot.it/
    Bye!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts