INTERVIEW with Rebecca Carr; Model !!

Hello guys!!

Today I planned this interview for you with Rebecca Carr whose facebook fan page you can check out HERE

So here's the interview!!

Rebecca's photo


What got you started in modelling?

"I started modeling when I was 4 years old in Korea of all places! :) My dad was in the military so modeling was an easy way to meet other kids my age, as I was constantly moving. Some of you may know what I mean... transfering to a new school just sucks! But, ever since I started I have just loved modeling! "


What inspires you most in modelling?

"My fiance! We met in 9th grade and we highschool sweethearts; photography and modeling was the first thing we bonded over. We would spend all day just taking pictures together, he made me feel comfortable and taught me a lot about modeling."


Who is your favorite designer?

"My favorite designer would have to be Marc Jacobs. I love the designs of his purses!! & If you know anything about me you know I <3 purses!





How would you describe the modelling business in terms of your experiences so far?

"I have learned that you get the furthest through self-promotion. I have tried numerous agencies, but I have found that they all expect a lot of money up front and you aren't guarenteed to get booked. Although I signed up for a modelmayhem account and I already have 10 gigs that I have been request for, each paying no less than $1000 for 2 hrs!!! I would recommend this site! It is user friendly, easy to navigate, easy to start, and the best part there is a separate casting section where you can search a field (photographer, MUA, hair stylist, ect) and a location. This has been the best tool in terms of promotion, and again its all something I had to do myself. If you are a good self-promoter becoming a model is easy!
What are your suggestions for people who would like to get started in modelling?
Aim High! Anyone can become a model, its not about if you have "a certain look". The secret to modeling is confidence, if you have that, you are already on the road to becoming a model.

Start small, just ask some friends to take pictures everyday and practice poses and experiment with different ideas. Compose a list of things you would like to do, or search yahoo for modeling portfolios and copy them into a Word Doc. (This is actually something I do quite frequently and recommend) By studying other models work, you see begin to learn a variety of poses and styles! Also, create a modelmayhem account once you have more professionally looking pictures. - DO NOT pay for these unless you can't find a photographer willing to do them for free! Most photographers will comply with requests as long as you promise business at a later date.

Other than that, you need to be really outgoing and willing to try new things. I am very good at glamour and fashion and less comfortable with edgy/punk style. Which is something I need to work on, so try to do a variety of styles in order to better prepare yourself.

Lastly, most models are not stuck-up; if you ask them for advce they will help you out.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at Rebecca.S.Carr@gmail.com."


 

Also guys, 
if you have a second you can cote for Rebecca Carr to get on the cover of FACEON Magazine, and she needs as much support as she can get. It's really easy, you can use your facebook account :) I am voting everyday for her. So if you could kindly help her out, that would mean a lot to her :)
http://www.exploremodeling.com/Casting/FACEON/62095/Rebecca_Carr.aspx
Click on the link, click the pink "Vote for me" button, enter a valid email address/ password... and login to that email address and verify it.
YOU can vote everyday until 7-29 
 I hope you enjoyed this post :)

Dyna


FTC Disclaimer: I am not being paid to do this post and I am not being compensated in any way

Comments

Popular Posts