ELF studio blush in candid coral [review w/ swatches!!]

Hello guys!!
I have a review on a product I have had for quite a while today :)
I'm talking about ELF's studio blush in candid coral. 

Gurus and bloggers rave about this 
so you know ..
I had to get it.









PACKAGING
Pretty sleek, 
Nars-looking, 
with a peep through transparent part 
where you can see the shade. 

TEXTURE
A little powdery, but quite smooth
satin feel
FINISH
It has this gorgeous corally glow/sheen to it, almost frost to it




SHADE
This is not a coral shade to me,
this is a rosy pink with a strong golden / coral sheen

 

applied sheer, applied heavily

applied sheer, applied heavily


applied sheer, applied heavily


applied sheer, applied heavily
  


LASTING POWER
A little lacking in lasting power.
On me, it last 2 hours or so and then starts fading away.

PIGMENTATION
I was highly disappointed with pigmentation, it barely shows up on my skin, 
I literally have to dig my brush into the product to get the product showing,
but then my cheek gets a little overly glowy,
which I don't like

BOTTOM LINE
I was disappointed with this product,
I tried it out for the sake of a review, 
I much prefer the regular line healthy glow bronzing powder in glow in custom face which I'll review in a future post.

Thank you so much for reading
and till another post
Bye bye 
Dyna
xx

FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I bought the product myself for my personal use unless otherwise stated and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. I love that blush! It works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ELF's blushes are really good. I'm a huge NARS blush fan so the packaging for me is kinda cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blush but it is indeed to glowy. I put just a little amount when I use it to avoid the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favourite blush i love it!! I will have to get another one soon I use it so much. :)
    ~Ashley~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this blush too,I have used it alone and with creme blush underneath for more staying power.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried this one, I'm sure it looks great on fair skin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you 100%. Colour pay off is very poor on fair skin too, you need a lot and then what you get is the golden sheen rather than colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haven't tried any elf blushes except for the blush and bronzing duo. maybe this won't work too for me, as we have more or less the same skin color,...
    aahhmm, what do u think about tickled pink?
    xx
    chiara

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blush is quite similar to the blush in the blush and bronzer duo. The only difference is that the blush and bronzer has gold shimmer glitter, the candid coral one is more of a frost/glow. I have not tried tickled pink, and to be honest, I don't think I'm going to, since this one was a miss for me. I'm sticking to nyx blushes :) And I'd agree with you it would perform more or less the same on you. But I think you're slightly more tanned than me. So it might not show up at all on you :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. @LadyMoonlight, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I still think it looks great on really pale skintones, because it's sheer so mistake proof. But for darker skintones, I'd skip this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your blog photo title your goergous!! loving the make up reviews aswell!


    i invite you to visit my blog if you like:http://euqinom7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts