ARTICLE by youtuber Leah Hanson - a true inspiration to all !!!

Hello guys xD
I recently encountered one of the most heart inspiring beautiful people 
I ever encountered on youtube.
She is not a "youtube sensation" but the motivation and will
that she managed to pass on to me 
is too great not to share it with you guys. 

I contacted her and asked to do an article, 
and I was so inspired by her story, 
she has been through so much 
yet she manages to hold on 
and inspire others. 

Here is my favourite video of her:

 and HERE's her channel, go ahead and subscribe to her,
it means a lot to her,
and no you won't gain any free stuff,
but I hope she inspires you as much as she inspires me :))


Also, she is uploading a video about her missing cousing,
she's been missing since 2001,
so if you could kindly watch the video as soon as it's up and forward it to anyone you know,
you might help save a life :)


Here is her article :


"Name: Leah Jung Hanson
Born: South Korea
Birthday: Aug 19th 1988
Fav Colors: Pink, Blue, Lime Green, Cheetah print, and Zebra print
Hobbies: Cheerleading, Dancing, Doing my nails/hair, Making American Sign Language Vids
Fav animals: Pomeranians, Munchkin kitties, Persian kitties, monkeys, and white snow leopards
I love HELLO KITTY
Famous ppl I look up to: Marilyn Monroe, Lauren Conrad, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, and Lady Gaga
Fav vacation spot: Cali or Florida



I was adopted at 14 months old. Idk if i was born deaf or not. My real name in South Korean is Jung Ae Park... the Ae stands for love!!! I got hearing aids at 3 years old and learned sign when i was 3... that's when my adopted parents found out i was deaf. at age 13 my mom decided it was time to get me a cochlear implant. i will do a vid on youtube about it :)


I went to mainstream school for elementary to high school with deaf program at the school. after i graduated highschool in 2007 i went to Northern Illinois University they had a program for the deaf that helped them get ready for college. it was a one year thing. The program closed down now. I was there when the NIU shooting happened on Valentine's Day... did u see that on the news??? I was gonna go to the building where the shooting happened to finish typing up a paper... thank goodness i didn't go cuz i could of been killed. After NIU i went to live in Rochy (Rochester), New York for 2 years majoring to go to school at Rochester Institute of Technology/National Technical Institute of the Deaf. That's an all deaf college that allows hearing students to attend there. It was my dream college and I was excited I got accepted there. I majored in Lab Science there. But once I found out I had more biology classes than chemistry... I hated my major... I was homesick as well and plus I missed my fiance since he proposed to me before the start of my 2nd year there. I moved back home to Iowa before I finished my 2nd year of college in NY. Now I'm going to college for Early Childhood to become a kindergarden teacher.


Just so you know Lab Science and Early Childhood weren't my first picks for major. When I got out of high school I said I wanna go to fashion school in L.A. California where Lauren Conrad went. She's my inspiration when it came to fashion. I have loved fashion ever since I was 13. I took my clothes and i would make something new out of them if I didn't like the way it looked. I'm always subscribing to Seventeen magazines and cutting out/tearing out the fashion tips for hair and make-up. Once I found out about youtube I searched and started following ppl who do tutorials. I knew I didn't have the money to go to fashion school. I also wanted to do dancing as a major but I didn't have the money to send myself to one of the big fancy dancing schools.


I've took dance lesson since I was 5 years old all the way to middle school. in high school i did cheerleading for 3 years. I missed dancing so I did ballet for 1 year in NY. I'm looking for a place here to do ballet or poms dance now.


Science was my 3rd pick for a major. Even tho I'm doing Early Childhood right now... I'm still hoping some day in the future when I have enough money to go back and do my first major fashion. But at the same time I am now thinking about majoring in becoming a nail technician or going to beauty school for hair.


Oh some of my favorite quotes: "I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent.” and "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring!" both from Marilyn Monroe. and then "Life's a climb but the view is great!!!"--Miley Cyrus


I'm so glad I have the support of my friends because some of my family doesn't support the things I do. My mom doesn't support my relationship with my fiance and stopped supporting me when I decided to move back home from NY. That's the day I pretty much gave up on everything and started to not believe in myself. I was too afraid to stand up to my mom... to tell her why can't u just be happy for me??? It was scary and hard but my fiance said: "You can do it... I'm here for you!!!! if you can't do it then ur pretty much setting urself up to believe u won't be able to stand up for other things u want!!!!" I stood up to my mom and i'm glad it's over with because if i didn't I probly wouldn't be with the most amazing fiance ever right now. Yes, my mom may not support my relationship but at least she knows I'm living my life the way I want to and if I'm happy then that's all that matters. I was diagnosed with depression and had thoughts of hurting myself last year of August. i was hospitalized for 5 days... I got out the day before I turned 22. I never knew I could get help for depression and i didn't want to believe I was depressed. One day I was with my mom and my cousin was over with her daughter. I was shaking uncontrollably and I felt like I couldn't speak no matter how hard I tried. I was scared to death cuz it felt like my heart was gonna explode. I felt like I was gonna die if I couldn't stop. I was rushed to the ER and they told me that my body was on too much medication at a time and that I go off one of my pills. I'm glad that there's help for depression and that I was rushed to the ER when my body felt like I was gonna explode. If I didn't I probly wouldn't be alive.

Movie that inspires me: Lemonade Mouth which happens to be on Disney Channel... why because that movie is about a band wanting to be heard... believing in themselves that they can do it!!!! Be heard, Be strong, Be proud is what they said in their song called "Here We Go" "

So that's it for today, I hoped you guys read this,
it gives us a reminder to not judge people by our perception.
She is truly inspiring,
a  beautiful person.
and I wish her all the best,
Thank you Leah for accepting to share your story :)

and as I said, her channel is 
HERE
 I hope you found this as inspirational as I did :)

Dyna

FTC Disclaimer: I am not being paid to do this post or to post the article on my blog. 

Comments

  1. She really is an inspiring person!! Thanks for featuring her Dyna :) she has Lab Science and nail technology as common things with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this Dyna, she is such an inspiration! We wish you the best of luck for the future leah and hope that you get to go to fashion school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right?? She literally brightened up my day when I saw one of her yt vids xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow.. that's a heart-breaking story =/
    Thanks for doing a blog-post on this :) Very enlightening ~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts