NYX strawberry milk & narcissus round lipstick [ REVIEW with swatches!!]

Overall nyx round lipsticks:


Pros:
x creamy
x glides very easily
x cheap for a good quality lipstick
x moisturising
x cute black packaging
x very pigmented
x nyx is against animal testing
x have a colour display of the lipstick at the bottom of the tube identical to actual lipstick.


Cons:
x not long lasting, but I don't mind reapplying




LSS 595 Strawberry Milk


LSS 595 Strawberry Milk



Lip Swatch : LSS 595 Strawberry Milk



LSS 595 Strawberry Milk: a pale pale matte pink which is blue based. I suggest this lipstick for cool tones for that reason. It doesn't looks shimmery on my lips but it does have a little shimmer. It is a great lipstick to tone down brighter lipsticks or to pinky-up a boring lipstick. I find this shade difficult to wear on its own. When you rub your lips together, the application becomes sort of horrible looking. I don't think I'd repurchase because I don't use it that often but it really is the perfect shade to give brighter colours that better pop. - I suggest this colour for that reason – a sort of lipstick transformer. Or rather – lipstick highlight




LSS 509 Narcissus



Lip Swatch : LSS 509 Narcissus


LSS 509 Narcissus: a bright barbie doll pink with blue undertones which suits cool skin tones very easily. Not for daytime wear. Looks gorgeous when paired with strawberry milk on the centre of the lips. It can be worn with medium dramatic eyes. It is not the type of colour I would pair with a dark smokey look though. It does not look shimmery on my lips and it does have shimmer in it [similar to strawberry milk]. It is not the type of colour I suggest for a natural lip or a conservative personality since it is very bright. I may repurchase if I run out. It is, however, a little slippery just like strawberry milk.



Hand swatch[left to right]: LSS 595 Strawberry Milk, LSS 509 Narcissus



Paper Swatch


Side Note: all swatches were not paired with any other product.

You can buy nyx products from nyxcosmetics.com , cherryculture.com, makeupgeek.com, ULTA[US] or ebay sellers.


This is the EBAY SELLER I have bought all my nyx products from. The customer service is awesome!

I would love to know whether you prefer lip, hand or paper swatches. So just comment down below pleasee :):)

Have you heard about nyx? Have you tried any of their products? Any favourite products you'd recommend to this make up junkie? :):) Comment Below :)


FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this review. I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. Both look nice although they are a bit too pink for me hehe. I think lip and hand swatches are better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, they are a bit too barbie pinkish. In fact I don't wear them often, I usually mix them with another lipstick. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts