REVIEW: Pupa Palette vs. Elf Brightening Eye Colour in Butternut


Pupa make up Palette.












I had to literally had have my fingers sink in the eyeshadow pan to get the colours showing. Yes, lack of pigmentation.



The blush's texture is pretty nice and pigmented and you get quite an amount, but the colour is horrible. At least on me.


The sample sized mascara is pretty cute, but it's just a standard brush, doesn't do anything to my stick straight short lashes.





To be honest, I was not going to make a review about it, because I got it as a present and I don't want to review a present I guess. But then I realised, I make the review for the sake of people buying these things. I have to tell you one thing. This thing on ebay costs around €20 + shipping costs. Is this worth the price? NO. I mean the eyeshadows barely have any pigment and the lipglosses are sticky and not pigmented at all. The blush's texture is pretty nice and pigmented and you get quite an amount, but the colour is horrible. At least on me. I mean, how can the blush be more pigmented than eyeshadow? The sample sized mascara is pretty cute, but it's just a standard brush, doesn't do anything to my stick straight short lashes. The packaging really is gorgeous though but the actual palette is not good. With €20 you can go to e.l.f or nyx cosmetics and stock up in some higher quality eyeshadows which are definitely worth the price.







E.l.f Brightening Eye Color in Butternut
















I only have this palette of this product, so I do not have another one to compare it too. The packaging looks a little bit cheap,but then again, it really is cheap. With regards to pigment, the lighter shades are fairly pigmented and the darkest one is really pigmnented. I have been using this as my everyday palette ever since I bought it,and I really am very pleased with it and the result looks so natural. The 3 lightest shades do have shimmer n them, but it is the kind of shimmer which makes it wearable for daytime. The darker shade has little or no shimmer at all, If you're looking for a cheap palette [yes, it's only £1.50] which is portable and having neutral colours this might actuall be your HG.

Out of these two palettes, I highly recommend the e.l.f one, not only because it is way way cheaper, but because it works really really great. The colours on both palettes look really similar in the packaging but the e.l.f one is much much better. It is definitely not the case of you get what you pay for, this product is really really good for the price. I would love to call e.l.f butternut a dupe, but it's more worth it than that.



FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this review. I bought the products myself for my personal use, except for the pupa palette, which I got as a present. I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. I havent tried either of those but I have the brightening eye colour quads in a couple of other colours and cant fault them other than the cheap looking packaging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Enigma, I hate the packging too mind you, it's really portable so in a way it's great.

    @Pinkhair. Go ELF, go ELF *happy dances* :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the brightening eye color, right now, I have 10 different palette, there was more, but I give it away or sell it because I don't really like it. But the 10 i have now are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow 10 palettes :) which palette is your favourite one?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts