ELF studio lip stain in red carpet [review w/ swatches] !!

HELLO GUYS!!

I have another ELF product review today. 
I know a lot of you tend to like my ELF reviews, 
so I love to feature ELF products in my posts, 
and I know it's available in a lot of countries so I like letting you know what I think about their products. 

I featured this in my recent HITS AND MISSES video:

Today's spotlight is on the ELF studio lip stain in red carpet:



PACKAGING
Pretty Sleek, 
almost Nars looking. 
on one end there's the stain.
On the other there's the gloss. 
 Very portable.



TEXTURE
The stain: Quite creamy. Almost like a liquid lipstick. Dries matte. 
The gloss: Very liquidy, greasy and sloppy. It's like gloss mixed with water. I don't like it.



PIGMENTATION
I'll be talking about the stain because the gloss is clear. 
Very highly pigmented. 
Just like liquid lipstick. 
This is not a gloss, I promise you.



LASTING POWER
This does not have the lastign power of a stain. 
It has the staying power of a matte lipstick, which is good too.
But don't expect it to stay there all day.



SHADE
A bright red with pink undertones.
I personally don't like the shade. 
I prefer orangey reds or even better - neutrals. 
But this looked great on my Mum so it's definitely not a product I'm going to throw out.




on my mama's gorgeous lips


BOTTOM LINE
Great product, 
unfortunately I didn't like the shade on me. 
The gloss isn't good though. 
The actual stain, aka matte lipstick is pretty good though.




 I hope you found this helpful ladies,
let me know what you think :)

Dyna
xxx

 FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this post. I bought the product myself for my personal use unless otherwise stated and I am not affiliated with any company. Everything I said in this post is my genuine honest opinion :)


Comments

  1. I just bought this & I'm not a huge fan of the color either. I'll have to pass it along to a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to try this, now I have some doubts. However, thanks for a useful review (again). I followed you blog. Would you follow mine ( http://formakeupfans.blogspot.com) ? (of course, only if you want)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with you about it being a matte lipstick and the gloss being rubbish but I still love it. I own 2 at present but am planning on buying more... Though a lot of the shades seem a bit meh :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this in First Date I think! It's like a pink with a tiny bit of shimmer to it. Very pretty, but as you said, not the best lasting power, and the gloss feels like it's running into my mouth all the time. Very annoying :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts