ELF clarifying compressed powder [[review w/ swatches!!!]]









E.l.f clarifying compressed powder in honey





This was my initial review:



I read so many reviews on this product saying that it made them look orangey. I cannot stress this enough. The cotton pad that it comes with applies way to much product to your face, so avoid using it. Apply the compressed powder with a brush meant for powders. I like this product, it makes my skin looks even. Packaging is indeed a little cheap, but for such a low price I cannot complain about that. I have to say I no longer use compressed powder because I am obsessed with e.l.f's complexion perfection. It is indeed a little orangey if you over apply the product, so I wouldn't repurchase just because of that reason but if you're looking for a cheap pressed powder, you may want to give this a try. But this is definitely not on my “I don't know what I'll do if I run out” list. I love ELF's Complexion Perfection though.


Overall Rating: 2/5
Would I repurchase: No
Would I recommend it to a friend: No



NOW:


My neck broke out w/ this product – the first time I applied it on my neck because I forgot to apply foundation on my neck. I don't recommend this product, My skin is not sensitive. I hate it, and threw it in a drawer where I keep stuff I never use. Sorry if I seem abrupt, but having skin rash is not a joke and I honestly wouldn't want that for any one of you. If you want a good setting powder from ELF I love their complexion perfection powder :) xx Here's a review on ELF's complexion perfection.
I also have ELF's HD powder and ELF tinted mineral booster.. but I still have to do a review on the mineral booster xx

This product is available in 7 shades: 
Apricot Beige (tone 1)

Honey (tone 2)
Honey (tone 2)

Spice (tone 3)
Spice (tone 3)

Toffee (tone 4)
Toffee (tone 4)

Ivory
Ivory

Light Beige
Light Beige

Rosy Beige
Rosy Beige

I suggest you google the swatches because these are swatches from the site. :)

FTC DISCLAIMER: I am not paid to do this review. I bought the product myself for my personal use. Everything I said in this review is my genuine honest opinion :)

Comments

  1. I have 2 of this and another unopened one but I barely reach for them. I don't really like it. It looks so matte and heavy =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep isabel, it's one of the products that are just NOT worth the try, at least for me :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have so many lovely photoshoot pictures!

    that sucks that this powder didn't work for you! its a hit and miss for me with ELF products :(

    and to your question on the revlon super lustrous lip glosses - they are somewhat pigmented - not as pigmented as the NYX ones. my lips are naturally pretty pigmented so the difference of colour between the two on my lips was minimal! i could've done with one or the other :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !

Popular Posts