Montagne Jeunesse Mint Choc Chip Mask REVIEW.

As part of being a beauty vlogger and a weirdo,
I test things so you don't have to. (You're welcome!)

Today things seemed in my favour because,
and WAIT FOR IT....




It was a MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP MASK. 🙏

*sigh*
It's a hard life, you guys. 😜

So anyway here's my honest two cents.
It smells good, feels good, all's good once applied and dried
but there's a BUT.
I took it off with a muslin cloth, and I had quite a bit of redness on my cheekbones and forehead, nothing major and it toned down after an hour or two.

Thing is I LOVE using exfoliating masks like clay masks that dry up and removing them with muslin cloths, so it's something I like doing. No redness experienced, ever.
But the masks I use are very very gentle, so that's probably why. The chocolate chips in this (which I think are ACTUAL chocolate chips, btw!) are a bit scrubby feeling, so I'm going to blame those for the mask not being gentle enough for my skin.

By the way, packaging is messy. and you do get two uses out of one sachet, which is pretty good.

My skin is VERY sensitive, so much so that when I remove my makeup or apply primer or moisturiser my skin turns red for a few seconds.
This type of redness lasted for more than a few seconds.
More like an hour or two.
There was a slight discomfort on those red areas, nothing that felt like a burning sensation or super off that I had to call my doctor or something, I knew it wasn't going to last that much.

That doesn't make it a bad experience, I just wouldn't personally try this again because I rather use more gentle masks on my skin.
But hey that mask smells good dang it, and if you don't have a similar issue with skin sensitivity, it's worth a shot. I wouldn't recommend this to sensitive skinned gals.
You stick to eating your chocolate chips okay?





Thanks to Malta Warehouse (find them on facebook) for hooking me up with the mask. ‪#‎lovebargains‬ ‪#‎onlineshopping‬ ‪#‎malta‬


Comments

Popular Posts